BMW Grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no part #'s but if you are looking to order a set I suggest you contact fjrgoodies and request a set of BMW sport grips.

63828586-M1.jpg

If you want part #'s only, just give them a call, I'm sure they would be willing to give you the #'s

Hey How much are a set of those???  I was thinking of getting a pair.
Google shop. I did, and found a Beemer dealer that was less, even with shipping, than I could find locally. A dollar saved is another rock fund started... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard somewhere that these grips add 4hp and increase the top end by 7mph. Not to mention the longer more controlled wheelies!!!!

I heard somewhere that these grips add 4hp and increase the top end by 7mph. Not to mention the longer more controlled wheelies!!!!
They have been known to cause snobbery though, as well as increase the frequency and cost of final drive failures.

Hey How much are a set of those??? I was thinking of getting a pair.
I don't remember how much I paid for my set, but for both including shipping I'm pretty sure it was about $30.00. I got a set of grips, a vista cruise 12 squashers and 3 oil filters from fjrgoodies and all together the order was around $70 +/-. The BMW grips are shorter in length than the Yamaha stocks, you will have to make some slight modifications, see WC's FJRTech site for details.

The BMW grips are shorter in length than the Yamaha stocks, you will have to make some slight modifications.
I didn't make any modifications to my bikes controls. All I did was spray some hair spray inside each grip right before installation. Stretch the grip to the desired length to fill the gap(10mm?), wait for the spray to set off, and it's a done deal.

25K miles later and no problems.

Compressed air works good for getting the grips on... stick a nozzle under the end, give it a pulse, and they move in or out as desired... never needed anything sticky to keep them in place.