BMW sales guy just couldn't shut his trap

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Jeremy,

My BMW's have taken me on extensive touring of North America for many years, from Guatemala to Alaska and from Belize to Labrador. My FJR now takes me to these destinations! Ozzie's is just one of the shops I have stopped at over the years because of his reputation as a "Helping Hands" type of guy. There are numerous stories of Ozzie helping a Beemer owner while out on the road and passing through Chico needing mechanical repairs. Plus, as a German speaker thanks to the US Army it gives me a chance to practice my German with Ozzie and his wife; both Germans.

As you know, BMW ownership is a cult and we are proud it's a cult. Ozzie's good reputation is well deserved in our cult!

Regards, Don

I have to wholeheartedly agree with BobG and MKO above regarding whether BMW's are currently worth the extra money that you have to pay for them. As you can see from my screen name I first drank the BMW Kool-Aide in March of 1969 when I bought my first Beemer from my German landlord while stationed in Bavaria with the US Army Artillery.
I have put over 400,000 miles on boxer twins alone since my first street bike in 1963; I have served as an Officer - President for nine of the twelve years I have been a member of AZ Beemers, BMWMOA Chartered AMA Club #89.

I do have to candidly admit that after riding the blue und white roundel machines for over 38 years that I can no longer recommend their purchase over the Yamaha FJR 1300. The FJR does everything better than the R1200RT, GT or RS.

I ride my FJR to AZ Beemers Club functions. I will be leading ten Beemers to Mexico's Copper Canyon on October 5.
No BMW christmas card in your stocking this year. lol