Boots??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another vote for the Oxtar Matrix.

I used to carry a second pair of shoes on weekend trips for when I was off the bike. With the Oxtars I don't need to because they are great to walk in... and my "off bike" jeans can fit over them while all my riding leathers fit nicely inside.

Update on the Tour Master boots. I wore them all day today. I had to go to a seminar down in Pompano Beach so I took the FJR.

The boots were real comfortable, even for my first full day wearing them.

They get my vote. :D

Update on the Tour Master boots. I wore them all day today. The boots were real comfortable, even for my first full day wearing them.
How convenient are they to get in and out of, with the laces and velcro? Do the two materials stay out of each others' way pretty well? Do the flaps stay flapped away while you lace up the boots, and not grab and hold the laces when it's time to doff them?

I love this place, you can try before you buy online. :D

due73.gif

As soon as my right foot resumes its normal size ;) I'll invest in a pair of Vendramini's Marathon VT498 boots. They are pretty expensive (best price I could wangle works out at $240 here in Italy) but they're excellent boots with outstanding safety and comfort features.

More Info here

My buddies from the Italian Forum swamped their customer service dept. with orders after my right foot was caught between an FJR and a hard place... :p

Stef

Stef....those boots sure do look like the oxtar infinity's....(which are made in Italy) but I believe the oxtars are cheaper are they not :blink:

Mike,

Oxtar and Vendramini are competitors and come from the very same area in Italy (North of Venice). Oxtar is the better known (and cheaper) mnufacturer.

Stef

How convenient are they to get in and out of, with the laces and velcro? Do the two materials stay out of each others' way pretty well? Do the flaps stay flapped away while you lace up the boots, and not grab and hold the laces when it's time to doff them?

They are pretty good......The velcro definetly covers up the strings well. I would not mind having just velcro but I don't think I could get them tight enough.

Definetly easier to get in and out of than the calf high boots I use to use.

The Vendramini's Marathon VT498 boot look cool and functional too. How are they to shift in? Is the ankle flexable.

DocDan

They're amazingly supple and comfortable. While they sure don't come cheap, they offer a list of comfort & safety features a mile long.

I can't wait to put both boots on... ;) (my banged up starboard foot is still a size bigger than the other... :D :D :D )

Stef

PS: The "Carbon" version looks pretty cool, too, with carbon fiber inserts where the steel mesh is in the other model.

due24.gif

Last edited by a moderator: