Border to Border (Insanity)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing that's a PhotoSHop addition to cover a top speed that he may not want to reveal...
smile.png
Ohhhhhhhhh....
wink.png
I've ridden with George enough to know that he wouldn't speed. Not at all.
no.gif

Wow! What a well executed ride. Congratulations! and Well done.
Phil
Thanks Phil!

George, probably more than one of us on the ride with you going down, we just were not on bikes.
You're right Jim, I knew the "crew" was right there!

Congrats George!
Thanks Marcus!

Awesome ride, George. Might have to rename you the Master Planner.
About time for a SS1K, don't you think??

congrats.did the same thing 3 years ago.
Thanks Bill, helps when the ride goes exactly as planned!

--G

Keep going George! The best is yet to come....
Congrats!

Jim
Thanks Jim. I took the queues from you...Keep going!

Great ride- congrats!
Thanks 'rooster.

Good to see you getting out, George.
smile.png
Happens every once in a while OM...usually a couple thousand miles at a time!

+1, Gunny; very nice Gorgeous George, Congratulations on a Ride Well Done! jes' sayin' and nuff said, ese!
Thanks for your help Don!

Great Job George....It is a good thing you didn't have Pops with you or you would still be in Washington!
No kidding Rich!
smile.png

Hey ... I resemble that.
Well done George, well done!
Thanks Dave!

--G

Outstanding accomplishment and great RR.Congratulations!

I remember meeting you when you rolled into Pinks - enjoying some nice weather after your slough through WA & OR.

"24 or 36?" What a hoot! He must see quite a few Super Heros.

Thanks for the write-up. Great inspiration for planning the next one.
Thanks Bret, already looking for the next adventure! Maybe Pinks again in November?!?

Great report, G, and a big WOOHOO to YOUHOO!! I don't know how y'all do it... I just don't have the stamina but sure respect those that do. Congratulations!!!
cool.png

BTW, what is the little "BAM!" icon in the upper right corner of your GPS mean?
Thanks for following along Tyler!

Rock on george :)
Thanks Rog!

I am confident the trip back was better than the trip down, 'cept for the day 3 riding the goat trail around the Sequoia National Forest, the Hwy 190 decent and the Yokohl Road. These are no roads for old (or new) FJRs.
MCRider007 said and I will repeat it. The title says it all. Congrats on your accomplishment and thanks for posting for all to comment on.
smile.png
Great ride the following week Jim. Really enjoyed exploring SoCal with you!

I'm guessing that's a PhotoSHop addition to cover a top speed that he may not want to reveal...
smile.png
Ohhhhhhhhh....
wink.png
I've ridden with George enough to know that he wouldn't speed. Not at all.
no.gif
Nothing here Fred, just move along!
coolsmiley02.gif

--G

I love this pic...I know the feeling. Only done the SS1K, but I remember how that felt after being in LD mode all day long and to hit the big city after dark. Roads I ride every day felt odd and scary all at the same time while dealing with the fast moving traffic in Dallas on a Saturday night.

Great Job George....It is a good thing you didn't have Pops with you or you would still be in Washington!
Photo below courtesy of the Goofy Canuck Billy Fitz - yamafitter, eh. Dr. Rich and FJRay I thought of a great idea, if you could mount a Port-A-Potti outhouse on a trailer behind Gorgeous George's FJR then Pops could travel out of Washington State with with his Grandson escapefjrtist! jes' sayin' and nuff said, ese!

10371599_10203580700459401_7698118476471788455_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats George!

I didn't know you subscribed to that brand of insanity?! :crazy: But you are riding a FJR and many of us do get afflicted with that disease....

It always starts out innocently enough…
Beginning with one of our generous LD Admins and an SS1K a few years ago, you’re satisfied for a time but then the bug begins to fester. Sometimes it’s a life changing wakeup call that tells you time is limited, and you damn well better begin checking off those bucket list items that you haven’t made time for.
A BBG including 3 or 4 major metro areas, no fuel cell, and 1.5 hours to spare? You are a force! Add that ride to the list fairly few have accomplished...including myself. Well done!
clapping.gif

Great ride George
Thanks Bryan!

Congrats George!I didn't know you subscribed to that brand of insanity?!
crazy.gif
But you are riding a FJR and many of us do get afflicted with that disease....
Seems it's becoming easier Harald, that's a problem isn't it?
blink.png

It always starts out innocently enough…
Beginning with one of our generous LD Admins and an SS1K a few years ago, you’re satisfied for a time but then the bug begins to fester. Sometimes it’s a life changing wakeup call that tells you time is limited, and you damn well better begin checking off those bucket list items that you haven’t made time for.
A BBG including 3 or 4 major metro areas, no fuel cell, and 1.5 hours to spare? You are a force! Add that ride to the list fairly few have accomplished...including myself. Well done!
clapping.gif
Thanks Matt, appreciate it!

--G

Congrats!

I tried this a couple of years ago but I opted to stop for the night and just get a Border 2 Border in under 36hrs. Hope it wasnt too hot in LA and good to hear you made it back to Wa. safe.

Congrats!I tried this a couple of years ago but I opted to stop for the night and just get a Border 2 Border in under 36hrs. Hope it wasnt too hot in LA and good to hear you made it back to Wa. safe.
Thanks 'rush. Didn't encounter any terrible temps for the entire trip, low 90s passing through the upper SJ valley was the worst. LA in the wee hours was nice and temperate.

Awesome ride report George....thank you for taking us along on your amazing trip!
Thanks Ty!

--G