Bought me some goodies

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree, brand of fleece is not much of an issue. Brand makes a difference when it comes to pilling and other things for say a jacket you want to look presentable in. You will end up with several weights; from silk weight underwear to 200 or 300 weight but I can usually handle freezing temps with base layer and 100 weight - what some call microfleece (sold outdoor gear for years and I don't know where that comes from) but have not needed three layers. I just switch top layer. All under a windblocking layer-in this case the CP liner or any other jacket suitable for you activity. Hit some ski shops or chain sporting goods chains for some good deals. Absolutly everyone makes polypro, fleece and such garmets-it's all polyester anyway. Just don't use fabric softener when you clean any of it as it actually reduces its insulating function.

Only small complaint is the cuffs on the jacket are somewhat bulky but not an issue.
Did you get the latest version of impact padding, with the impact-activated mesh exo-skin on it? Wayne told me some of the cuffs have to be let out to fit the extra thickness of the padding.
Not sure about the style padding I've got Toe. Just know its blue with white layer in the center. The only reason I mentioned this is the style gloves I wear are gauntletts and they fit a little tight on the cuffs. The piece on the cuff that that is velcroed you pull over to tighten and the fit between the glove and the cuff is somewhat of a tight fit. It's really not an issue probablly just seems bulky. Just looking at the construction on this gear you can tell it is quality and I'm very pleased and know it will last a long time.

But this "impact-activated mesh exo-skin" I've never heard of. Sounds interesting. PM. <>< :D

Last edited by a moderator:
But this "impact-activated mesh exo-skin" I've never heard of. Sounds interesting. PM. <>< :D
Wayne had some on the table at WFO. Looks like the regular stuff, but with a white colored mesh bonded to the outside. Supposed to get harder as it's taking a blow. :dntknw:

He told me two or three hundred to upgrade my suit. I think I'll be buying some of those cool stretch Kevlar gloves first....

Latest posts