Bought the 07AE yesterday and have a few questions?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And, if all things are kosher and he's trying to pull a fast one...make sure you report him to the Better Business Bureau after you mention his dealer name here.

I called and Talked to Yamaha and this is what they have told me so far. "It is possible that this bike is not eligible for a warranty. I appears that Yamaha sells bikes to dealers from an Auction that have been damaged in crate's etc." These bike are not elegible for any warranty. They will not be able to tell me until I can get them the VIN # and I am at work right now. I really hope they didn't sell me a bike that has been damaged. And I really hope I didn't sign any paperwork while they were smoozing me over that stated that they expained it to me cause I heard nothing of the sort. If they did sell me a bike like that I will be a real unhappy camper..... I hope it's just a mistake.
If this keeps going south, simply return it for a full refund. I am betting that the People's Republik of Kali has some consumer protection laws on the books that give's you a couple days to return a vehicle.

I called and Talked to Yamaha and this is what they have told me so far. "It is possible that this bike is not eligible for a warranty. I appears that Yamaha sells bikes to dealers from an Auction that have been damaged in crate's etc." These bike are not elegible for any warranty. They will not be able to tell me until I can get them the VIN # and I am at work right now. I really hope they didn't sell me a bike that has been damaged. And I really hope I didn't sign any paperwork while they were smoozing me over that stated that they expained it to me cause I heard nothing of the sort. If they did sell me a bike like that I will be a real unhappy camper..... I hope it's just a mistake.
If this keeps going south, simply return it for a full refund. I am betting that the People's Republik of Kali has some consumer protection laws on the books that give's you a couple days to return a vehicle.
IF this continues to deteriorate, I wonder if your union has a lawyer you can talk with. If you go to the dealer and get boisterous make sure you let everyone (loudly in the showroom) know he's doing this to a fireman.

Well I need to be careful how I say this because I bought my bike from a Forum Members father but let me tell you how the deal went. As you know I have been looking for a leftover AE model FJR. Found alot of them in SoCal. All of them were within about $500 of each other OTD. Best price I found was LACycle Sports for $13499OTD. This was the price that I was using to call other dealers to see if they would match. Most would but that was it. Now I have bought 4 previous bikes from LACycle and everyone was an easy no hassle transaction. So I called up another dealership along the coast and asked to talk to a salesman and a guy picks up and I tell him what I was looking for and what LACycle was selling for. His words over the phone were "I have never lost a deal for a bike over money." I like that so I said how much. He wouldn't say but said it would be worth my time. So I am taking it that he is going to at least be $100-200 cheaper so I load up my wife and kids and head to the dealership. When I get there the best he can do from what he said was match LACycle. I almost felt like walking away but the drive to LA would not been worth it and they were the same price so I bought anyways.
Ok now here is the kicker. I go to sign for my paperwork and they tell me because I paid such a low price for the bike that Yamaha does "NOT" provide any sort of warranty. Not the standard 12month warranty either. So when you put your key in the bike and it doesn't start you are on your own unless you buy the Yamaha extended Service plan for $900 for 2 years? Could this be true? The also made me sign a paper turning down the warranty. I hope this was a total lie by the dealership? Is it?

Also I asked if I could at least get a deal on some gear for my wife since I am buying a bike and he offerd 10% off. Then proceeded to tell me that club members get 15% off but I couldn't join and get that price....

Other than that I have a new 07 FJRAE and it's sweet as hell. Comments about my experience please. Is this typical?
I hope he left a quarter on your pillow and said thank you in the morning. Or did he just rent the hotel by the hour.?

Just got off the phone with Yamaha and they confirmed that the dealer was not honest with me and that my bike is eligible for a full Factory 1 year warranty. Made me feel a whole lot better about the whole transaction. Let the farkling begin. :yahoo: