Bought Yamaha Extended Warranty great price...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radical

Reaction score
I purchase the extended warranty from North End Cycle in Elkhart, Ind. for $369.00. Great service and price. Call Paul at (574) 264-0618. Best price I was able to find and next time I'm buying a bike they're on my list. Just thought I'd pass this along.

My stealer quoted me $749.00. Said that was his "cost" :blink:

Thanks to this great form I knew better.

D&H has been the cheapest to date, $389. So this is good especially if its the dealer you will use for repairs. The dealers just don't get if they sell the warranty most likely you will bring the bike to them for the warranty repairs. If they didn't make $ selling the warranty, they will when they do your service and repairs. But most would rather put a high price on the warranty, not sell it, then get no repairs or service from the bike owner. Just doesn't make business sense to me.

I bought from D&H because they have had the $389 price for some time - to the benefit of us FJR riders.

Assuming it's not just a total loss leader for them, it was worth the extra $20 for me to give them the business.

Bill

well, this was almost too good to believe. I'm about to pop for a new Yamaha and this post is up just in time! Thanks!!!

I called Paul and the $369 for 48 is the deal indeed. He'll be popular!

a little added info for buying used.

I bought a used fjr, Have a month left on original 1 yr factory warranty. Called d&h to order warr. with out telling them I second owner (my mistake). Then called the yes program to verify original purchase date.

They (Y.E.S.) said I have to take bike to yamaha dealer to get it inspected & transfer original warr. for the extended warrenty will take effect.

Will call d&h for any ideas

Last edited by a moderator:
I also purchased the warranty from Paul at North End cycle. Great price! :yahoo:

My stealer quoted me $749.00. Said that was his "cost" :blink:
Thanks to this great form I knew better.
My dealer quoted me $1400 until I showed him the email from the yamaha yes program. Still got suckered for $769 i guess. Dang!!!!! :angry2:

What you are all buying is (yes, a warranty) but it is really nothing more than an INSURANCE POLICY. That being said, the dealer who sells the (warranty/insurance policy) gets up to a 75% commission YES ,75% on cars and probably at lest 50% on bike warranty/insurance policy.

Don't get me wrong. I'm an insurance agent. The commissions are the agents pay. But a Bike Shop can sometimes cut the commission and still make it ok on the work the warranty brings in.

The dealers selling at a lower price are taking much less comission for themselves and passing the savings on to you. I agree, those dealers are probably hoping for the repair work to offset the loss in comission. (if it is a Yamaha warranty, it's also a Yamaha insurance policy. That is the BEST!)

Many auto warrantys go broke and can't pay off when you need it. THe auto dealer will just say, sorry, it's not my problem. So a warranty/insurance policy for the manf. is the best you can get!

Hoped that helped.

Ck

Ok all you warranty Experts....Got some questions..

I understand the idea about buying the warranty up until your 1 year standard is up BUT......Do any of you know if that 48 month YES plan is from the date of buying the warranty or from the date the bike was puchased new..???.. Also does this warranty have a Co pay..???.. Also what does this warranty cover????

Thanks !!!!! :D

The YES contract starts when your OEM 1 year warranty ends. The first 12 months ARE NOT concurrent. If buying it at the time you buy the bike, a 48 month YES gives you 5 years of total warranty. For this reason (and the durrability of the covering company - Yamaha) it's better to get a YES instead of some 3rd party product that some dealers push (hard) instead of the Yamaha product.

Anyone from Florida bought an out-of-state YES warranty?

If so have you had any issues because it was not purchased in Florida?

Bob