Bought Yamaha Extended Warranty great price...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked my local dealer to match the $369 price and he did. Told him I could purchase it elsewhere for that price. Guess there is still some profit in it even at that price.

Last edited by a moderator:
a little added info for buying used.I bought a used fjr, Have a month left on original 1 yr factory warranty. Called d&h to order warr. with out telling them I second owner (my mistake). Then called the yes program to verify original purchase date.

They (Y.E.S.) said I have to take bike to yamaha dealer to get it inspected & transfer original warr. for the extended warrenty will take effect.

Will call d&h for any ideas
Huk,

My local Yamaha Dealer transferred the warranty without the inspection. It's no biggee to them. Even if they do want to do it (inspect) can't cost more than a few sheckles and is well worth it to have the longer term coverage.

OK, Since I am patiently waiting for my new 08, I have lots of time to decide on this warranty issue. My initial gut feeling on any extended warranty is that it is worthless. My business professor told us to always decline those kinds of offers as there was so many loopholes in them, your better off saving the money and putting it towards future repairs. So my question to this thread is this. Has anyone ever used this warranty? Has anyone ever been denied a claim that they felt should have been paid? Whats the feedback on this policy. Thanks for your help!
I normally dont go for extended warranties but luckily my '05 came with one and it was a big selling point. Good thing too b/c I have recently discovered that my 2nd gear dog is bad and in turn has likely bent my shift fork. No abuse on the bike so I am perplexed as I have A LOT of miles on other bikes and never had a gear issue. I hope that when the FINAL diagnosis is in Yammi will cover it as several others on this same forum with this same problem have been fortunate to have it covered under YES and it appears to be ~ an $1800 repair. <fingers crossed>

Just ordered 2 Y.E.S. warranties from D&H. The one to contact is Renaa (pronounced Ray-Nah with a sounthern accent). She is one sweet lady. Haven't got anything yet, but if this comes through I will be one happy guy. My wife and I have matching '07s so I saved times 2!

This is one great site also. Can't believe all the help I have gotten from the members.

Kern

OK, Since I am patiently waiting for my new 08, I have lots of time to decide on this warranty issue. My initial gut feeling on any extended warranty is that it is worthless. My business professor told us to always decline those kinds of offers as there was so many loopholes in them, your better off saving the money and putting it towards future repairs. So my question to this thread is this. Has anyone ever used this warranty? Has anyone ever been denied a claim that they felt should have been paid? Whats the feedback on this policy. Thanks for your help!
I have always made my money back with factory extended warranties on vehicles. I keep my cars until the OEM warranty expires - in 2005 I managed to get my 4 year aftermarket extended warranty to cover a cooling problem that balooned to almost $4,600 - I paid $2K, so I saeaved $3600 overall.

The only vehicle I didn;pt't profit on was my old Concours - I crashed & totalled it, but it was before the end of the original warranty period (about 2.5 years into my ownership) and so I got the entire warranty cost refunded.

I don;t PLAN to make money with these contracts, but so far I am ahead.

There's an old saying:

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach". Have a chat with your professor - the fact is that the D&H warranty is cheap enough that it is below the threshold of pain - buy it and hope you never need it. But if you pay retail, then you have to have your head examined.

The obvious question for he who started the thread; Was that the YES plan or was it an aftermarket?