Brake Bleeders (mityvac 6830)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgapro78

Reaction score
Just about to buy a brake bleeder and I found the mityvac 6830 which used a air compressor vs the one you pump manually. Just curious what your opinions of this system. Only around 50-75 dollars more than the manual bleeder.

If you do use the Mity Vac, even the hand pump type, watch that you don't suck the master cylinder dry, which happens quickly..Then you get to start over again..

If you do use the Mity Vac, even the hand pump type, watch that you don't suck the master cylinder dry, which happens quickly..Then you get to start over again..
I have done it the manual way but I just love new gadgets. I was wondering about that but does it make the process easier and quicker.

I have done it the manual way but I just love new gadgets. I was wondering about that but does it make the process easier and quicker.

I have trouble imagining how it can be done without the MityVac. When I did mine a few months ago I gently pumped the clutch with the cover off the reservoir and put brake fluid on the ceiling.

Yep, MV does make it easier...Plus it is handy for a lot of other things..i.e. draining the coolant resevoir so that you don't have to remove the cowl and resevoir..