Brake light on OEM topcase

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawk28

Reaction score
I bought the Yamaha OEM topcase for my 2008. Only later figured out that if I wanted a brakelight on a topcase, I probably should have gone GIVI. Anybody put a brakelight on the OEM topcase? If so, how?

Thanks.

Hawk

Thanks.

Got the Real Time graphics and they help, but still looking for a top case brake light solution if possible.
The best you may be able to do is a Hyper Lite setup of some kind. There are a lot of LED solutions out there. I had a set of brake, running, turn signal Hyper Lights and they will do the job.

Just not sure how clean you can make the install look?

Hawk28,

You may want to take a look at Admore Lighting for an LED solution. They have some new kits for FJR sidecases that you may be able to modify for use on the Yamaha topbox. They have a new wiring kit that has matching plugs for the FJR. It would give you running, stop and signal lights. At the very least you could install them on your sidecases for more conspicuity. You can check it out at "admorelighting dot com."

Bob

You can check it out at "admorelighting dot com."
Just for own personal edification; Why would you spell out admore's site name line that - do you think they want tyo keep their site a secret?

If you are conssidering the Admore combo light bar, you get better bang for your buck with Whelen's product - it is built better, costs less and has a better warranty.

https://www.whelen.com/pb/Automotive/ProductSheets/Lightheads/Strip-Lite_Series.pdf

PSRASXCR.jpg

I sure with the board mods would restore my editing rights - it would make my posts neater, eliminate multiple sequential posts and my spelling would be better when done. Ah well:

Hopefully, this is what I wanted to say in the previous post:

Just for my own personal edification; Why would you spell out Admore's site name line that - do you think they want to keep their site a secret?

www.admore.com

If you are considering the Admore combo light bar, you should check out Whyelen's product. IMO you get better bang for your buck - it is built better, costs less and has a better warranty.

And then I managed to spell Whelen's name wrong . . . .

And admore's web site link too:

www.admorelighting.com

It would be nice to be able to edit my posts.

bramfrank

Perhaps it was karma?

I spelled it out that way so that it wasn't a link. Since I'm not as familiar with the customs here, I wasn't sure if that was a good idea. I'll try to do better next time.

Bob

No insults or negative vibes intended, I was just wondering.

Like I tried to say, usually people put up web sites trying to get traffic to go there . . . . e-mail addresses, on the other hand are often 'coded'.