Brakeaway Cruise Control

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Q

Reaction score
Install the brakeaway I got from another member here and it works flawlessly. Way smoother than the vista cruisers I had on all my previous bikes. It was a bit of a pain to get adjusted correctly but wow was it worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Install the brakeaway I got from another member here and it works flawlessly. Way smoother than the vista cruisers I had on all my previous bikes. It was a bit of a pain to get adjusted correctly but wow was it worth it.
That looks like a pretty cool cruise control, how difficult was it to install?

Your thread title is a little misleading in that the BrakeAway is a throttle lock and not a true "cruise control". I have one too and like it a LOT. As far as fit, finish and functionality go, the BrakeAway is tough to beat. Expensive? Yes, it is; even more so than some true cruise control units. But if you're just looking for a quality throttle lock, the Breakaway is worth the price....IMHO.

Your thread title is a little misleading in that the BrakeAway is a throttle lock and not a true "cruise control". I have one too and like it a LOT. As far as fit, finish and functionality go, the BrakeAway is tough to beat. Expensive? Yes, it is; even more so than some true cruise control units. But if you're just looking for a quality throttle lock, the Breakaway is worth the price....IMHO.
What he said :clapping:

Sorry sure didn't mean it to be misleading I was just excited about how well it really works.

Installed mine last week. It was a pain to get it adjusted just right, but once it was set, it works very very well and is definately top quality. It was pricey, but now that I have used it, I must say it makes my old Vista Cruise seem pretty, well, cheap. You definately get what you pay for.

Does anyone have aftermarket grips with the brake away throttle lock? I know a people have the bmw grips with the vista cruise, but haven't found anything regarding how they fit with the brake away.