brakeaway cruise control

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just disconnects the throttle-lock automatically when the brake is applied. Handy if that presents a problem for ya I suppose.

I think I'm going to go this route later in the spring. The Audiovox looks beyond my farkle capability. The M/C cruise looks pretty clean as far as an install, but quite a few clams for the kit.

They do offer a model specifically for the FJR. Looks interesting. Am I correct in understanding that the bar gets extended when you put this device on? Do you end up with the right bar being a little longer than the left bar? If so, I'd probably not go with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Total overkill! This little device was discussed long ago, and properly slammed. Not that it doesn't work, its just totally unnecessary, and way too much $$$ when there are other options out there.

Even with a vista-cruise or throttlemeister engaged, you can overcome the friction and still easily roll off the throttle. Its just not that big a deal.

So why pay a lot more $$$$ for a gimmick you don't need?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am partial to the Vista Cruise. Cheap, simple, and works great. About $24. Some are partial to the Throttlemeister which looks better, but is slightly more difficult to engage, and is more expensive.

Go with the Vista Cruise.

FJRTech - Vista Cruise