Breakaway Throttle Lock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't deny the quality (looks factory) but the price is hard to swallow.

I know it took a couple of extra beers to get it down. :dirol:

Works great in Fla.

Don't know how well it do in the mountains.

My bike had one on it when I bought it. I love it so much I'm going to put one on my FZ1. You can "tweak" it so that you BARELY touch the release or brake lever to disengage. Only wish it had foot peddle disengage...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had one on my last two bikes. Anyone who owns or has used one will agree that they look phenomenal, work great and yes, they are pricey. Besides Florida, they also work great in the flat-as-hell Midwest.

You can't deny the quality (looks factory) but the price is hard to swallow.

I know it took a couple of extra beers to get it down. :dirol:

Works great in Fla.

Don't know how well it do in the mountains.

[/quote

True, but I have to drive a couple hundred miles at least to get to the mountains, heading up to Grandfather Mountain on Sept 4 for 10 days of riding. I am not trailing so it will get good use.

I love mine on the FJR. However, when I traveled from Memphis, TN, to Colorado for a mountain ride, I found that the lock slipped as the temperature got cooler, so I adjusted the cam tension in the mountains. When I got back down towards sea level and warmer temperatures, I had to readjust the tension to be able to engage the lock. It seems like the plastic throttle body contracts and expands at much greater rate than the metal of the breakaway.

I'm still glad that I have it.