Breakfast Ride in Tampa Bay

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satori88

Reaction score
I know of at least 6 FJR owners in Tamp Bay. 3 of us have expressed intrest in doing a breafast cruise in a central location. I'm thinking Brooksville, any other thoughts?... lets start the conversation

I know of at least 6 FJR owners in Tamp Bay. 3 of us have expressed intrest in doing a breafast cruise in a central location. I'm thinking Brooksville, any other thoughts?... lets start the conversation
I was in Tallahassee last month. Great ride up and down 19. How's Brooksville or Ocala?

Sounds like a plan...except these next few weekends are going to be tough...
Dont you have to meet up with your pack leader in Daytona this weekend? :)

I was in Tallahassee last month. Great ride up and down 19. How's Brooksville or Ocala?

Sounds like a plan...except these next few weekends are going to be tough...
Dont you have to meet up with your pack leader in Daytona this weekend? :)

Ocala or Brooksville works for me. I'd be interested in a Saturday morning/afternoon meet up after next weekend (I'll be in Ft. Myers March 16-18).

Has anyone considered Cedar Key? It's roughly half way between Tallahassee & Tampa. We could meet at Froggy's (or one of the other eating establishments) for lunch.

Ocala or Cedar key works for me, gitterdan will be around the last weekend this month, also pilgrim and maybe our Jax riders

would find that convenient.

Ocala or Cedar key works for me, gitterdan will be around the last weekend this month, also pilgrim and maybe our Jax riderswould find that convenient.

How about noon, Saturday the 31st, at Froggy's in Cedar Key? If folks want to do a ride after, we can head up to Horseshoe Beach (which has no beach & I didn't see any horseshoes, crabs or otherwise) or Steinhatchee. I did the trek out to Horseshoe last weekend: lots of wide open spaces on CR 351 & a couple sweepers (for those who like to indulge their need for speed).

Yvonne and I will be available Sunday, April 1st. She gets off of work on Sat. at 2:00PM and then we're traveling to St. Augustine w/ over-night lodging booked. Any chance of organizing something for that Sunday afternoon around there? Sorry about somewhat of a highjack. Sure getting excited about riding back to FL ('cept for that I-10 bumpy stretch thru Louisiana). This quick trip is birthday related. :yahoo: / :( = seeing wife / 54

Leaving back to TX on Monday, April 2nd. Back to work. ugh.

git-r-dan :beach:

Yvonne and I will be available Sunday, April 1st. She gets off of work on Sat. at 2:00PM and then we're traveling to St. Augustine w/ over-night lodging booked. Any chance of organizing something for that Sunday afternoon around there? Sorry about somewhat of a highjack. Sure getting excited about riding back to FL ('cept for that I-10 bumpy stretch thru Louisiana). This quick trip is birthday related. :yahoo: / :( = seeing wife / 54
Leaving back to TX on Monday, April 2nd. Back to work. ugh.

git-r-dan :beach:

All,

Seems like we can do both Cedar Key & St. Augustine meetups. How does March 24 or 25 work for folks in terms of Cedar Key? Do you want me to put up a poll with both dates & locations & then we can get a better idea about attendance (and reservations if we need them)?

April 1 near St. Augustine also works for me, git-r-dan. I know what you mean about I-10 in LA: did that trip on the V-Max in November from G'ville to College Station & back. Has anyone been through Pensacola on I-10 recently? Still have hellacious slow-downs on the bridges? LEO was out in force on my trip, so keep an eye peeled.

I might be able to join in from Orlando, but the last weekend of March is out for me. In fact, the 24th is probably the only day that I could make it. I'll watch here and see what is decided.

Thanks for the invite,but I am slammed busy until middle of April. Enjoy your ride and perhaps I can make the next one

I have never been to Cedar key, sounds like a good ride with good food. I am on duty the 24th, but will find coverage if its best for the majority. St Augustine is also good, I will look up some local backroads for an afternoon ride, Good food there too.

Looks like we have a few people available, no one is using the poll thread though?

I have never been to Cedar key, sounds like a good ride with good food. I am on duty the 24th, but will find coverage if its best for the majority. St Augustine is also good, I will look up some local backroads for an afternoon ride, Good food there too.Looks like we have a few people available, no one is using the poll thread though?
pickax,

Looks like 24th is best for the others. Instead of the poll, why don't we start two new threads with the dates & places in the subject line?

Looks like 24th is best for the others. Instead of the poll, why don't we start two new threads with the dates & places in the subject line?

OK go for it. I will see if time off available for 24th tomorrow.