Bridgestone T30 GT Tire Review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This must be the reason those T30's are the cheapest ST tires going right now.

My take would be to put a PR2, 3, or 4 (depending on how much you want to spend), or even a Roadsmart II on the back if you want to run the T30 up front. Marty's front tire looks pretty good still in the pictures at 3k miles.

This must be the reason those T30's are the cheapest ST tires going right now.
My take would be to put a PR2, 3, or 4 (depending on how much you want to spend), or even a Roadsmart II on the back if you want to run the T30 up front. Marty's front tire looks pretty good still in the pictures at 3k miles.
I would think you could get 2 rears to 1 front. If I had a tire changing machine, I would consider using these tires. They are fun.

Don't worry Petey, you are Mr Smooth with the throttle. :)
Wheatie, ...YEA BUT... I have to follow OFace on a trip next month...so looking at what he did to the T-30's in less than 4K miles, I'm worried..
not_i.gif
Yeah but it's a small price to pay for staring at my ass for a few days...

The problem is when you're half done and are heading out on a trip. < 2k miles doesn't get you very far/ So you'll end up with a lot of half worn T30 rear's stacked up in no time. There's nothing all that wrong with a PR or Roadsmart rear. It's the fronts that are what cause them to start handling poorly as they get worn.

The problem is when you're half done and are heading out on a trip. < 2k miles doesn't get you very far/ So you'll end up with a lot of half worn T30 rear's stacked up in no time. There's nothing all that wrong with a PR or Roadsmart rear. It's the fronts that are what cause them to start handling poorly as they get worn.
Fred I found the Roadsmart II front's don't have the cupping/wierd wear problem that the old Roadsmart front's had...
smile.png

That is good news, Petey. How are they in other regards.

Sounds like maybe they are worth running as sets? That would certainly be nice.

That is good news, Petey. How are they in other regards. Sounds like maybe they are worth running as sets? That would certainly be nice.
Overall not bad at all, I did get a little flat spot (I ran half of the 6500m on the slab) as you can see in the pic above

Hi, my name is Bob and I'm new to the forum, great read on tires. My wife and I just picked up a 07 and we love the bike. Right now the bike has Michelin Pilot Road tires, I'm thinking that must be the PR tires. My tires still have some wear left on them but I just pulled a screw out of the rear and plugged it and was thinking I should get some new tires. We don't ride aggressive but we do ride a lot of twisty turns up here in Northern Ca. If the FJR is on the road we are 2 up. We just need tires that will last. Seems like the Avon tires have deeper tread but I'm not sure that means they will last longer. Just wondering what your suggestions would be for a good set of long lasting tires. Thanks
bike.gif

Hi, my name is Bob and I'm new to the forum, great read on tires. My wife and I just picked up a 07 and we love the bike. Right now the bike has Michelin Pilot Road tires, I'm thinking that must be the PR tires. My tires still have some wear left on them but I just pulled a screw out of the rear and plugged it and was thinking I should get some new tires. We don't ride aggressive but we do ride a lot of twisty turns up here in Northern Ca. If the FJR is on the road we are 2 up. We just need tires that will last. Seems like the Avon tires have deeper tread but I'm not sure that means they will last longer. Just wondering what your suggestions would be for a good set of long lasting tires. Thanks
bike.gif
A lot of FJR owners (myself included) had good results/milage with Michelin PR2's

Not liking these T30 reports. I still have a new set of 023GTs and a 50% set on the bike so I'm good for another 13K or so.

Can't hardly believe what 0Face did to that rear in 3K, damn!

--G

bike.gif
Howdy neighbor, I dun rode through scenic Willits Sunday after do'in HWY 162/FH7 from I5 ta 101. We'll have ta go ride'in some time. I rode my PRII shod FZ6 dirtbike, but coulda been on the FJR the road wuz so nice.

Me-FH7_zps19a48423.jpg

Oh yeah, back to yer question, I got 8K outta a PRII once, so that's the mileage record holder fer me, butt I prolly average around 6.5K outta 'em.

Used ta like the performance of the Avons better, butt got worse mileage, they cost mor, and after get'in a couple of outta round tires, they (Like Dunlop) are on my do not buy list. And unlike these other squids, I seem to be getting decent mileage outta the T30s so far.
punk.gif

bike.gif
Howdy neighbor, I dun rode through scenic Willits Sunday after do'in HWY 162/FH7 from I5 ta 101. We'll have ta go ride'in some time. I rode my PRII shod FZ6 dirtbike, but coulda been on the FJR the road wuz so nice.

Me-FH7_zps19a48423.jpg

Oh yeah, back to yer question, I got 8K outta a PRII once, so that's the mileage record holder fer me, butt I prolly average around 6.5K outta 'em.

Used ta like the performance of the Avons better, butt got worse mileage, they cost mor, and after get'in a couple of outta round tires, they (Like Dunlop) are on my do not buy list. And unlike these other squids, I seem to be getting decent mileage outta the T30s so far.
punk.gif
Sure, lets go for a ride. We don't ride the FJR on dirt but I do have a dirt bike for that but I mostly stick to trails.

I was looking at the PR2 tires and noticed that I have to use the B's for the FJR. How important is that? I'll check out the T30's Are those Dunlop?

I'll check out the T30's Are those Dunlop?
Look at the title of the thread and all will be told
rolleyes.gif
LOL, ya I thought of that after my post
banghead.gif
I notice the t30's are quite a bit cheaper. Is that because they have less rubber on the tire? What makes the other tires out of round, are they that way from the factory?
Tons of rubber, it just wears off fast. Best handling tire I have had on this bike so far, but at 2,800 miles, looks like half the life is gone, which would be fine by me. I only got 5,000 miles out of the PRIIs, and the last 1,000 miles was scary with the super fast lean in.

I'll check out the T30's Are those Dunlop?
Look at the title of the thread and all will be told
rolleyes.gif
LOL, ya I thought of that after my post
banghead.gif
I notice the t30's are quite a bit cheaper. Is that because they have less rubber on the tire? Dunno, butt they felt physically lighter when I carried 'em too the garage.

What makes the other tires out of round, are they that way from the factory? YES! It's a long story, butt back in the '80s I had a couple Dunlops that made the bike "shake." You couldn't balance it out, and Dunlop wouldn't replace the tires, so I haven't bought a Dunlop since.

A few years back I had the same problem w/ an Avon front, butt they did replace it w/ one just slightly better.
As far as the "B" spec PRII, I never used one, butt if ya plan on do'in a lot of two up mi. w/ a bunch of gear they might be worth the extra $$$?