Broke down & bought one...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPORT

Reaction score
Greetings,

Not wanting to spend more than $200 on a helmet I began looking at the Scorpion EXO700 and the Nolan N102. I was able to locate either for around $200 shipped to the door. After trying on local, but more "EDIT 'expensive' END EDIT" helmets in that price range I thought I'd entertain myself and try on a Shoie. That's all it took. It was extremely comfortable and light. Now I had the dilemma of deciding how much I wanted to pay. Do I stick to my budget and 'settle' on a helmet that did not caress the beautiful and intelligent ball of jelly that graces my shoulders or do I break into my priceless piggybank and shell out an additional $200? Since my local dealer was willing to compete with the best price on fleebay, I chose the latter. I am now the proud owner of an overpriced plain blue painted brain bucket. I will admit, it fits like a glove; or rather, a helmet.

Thanks for all your insights and suggestions from previous threads! They have been very helpful in making a more intelligent choice.

Hope to see a few of you on the road this spring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Small price to pay to protect your jelly. You will be much happier with a helmet that fits and is comfortable, which means you can ride longer and will wear it like you should. Congrats.

Good choice. I just got one last weekend too. I like it MUCH better than my previous Nolan N102.