Broken mirror

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbart

Reaction score
Hi, Hurricane Sandy turned my bike cover into a sail & subsequentlty lifted & dropped my bike onto its right side. I've had to replace the mirror. Upon mounting the new mirror,I noticed it isnt seated properly.Might the mounting point on the frame be bent? If anyone has had this experience please let me know what options for proper alignment are available.

After you remove the tupperware, you'll be able to bend the mount points for the mirror into proper alignment.

They are fairly mild steel, and unless they are severely bent can be re-aligned easily.

Check the alignment by comparison with the other mirror mount point.

I suggest using one of those right-angles commonly found in geometry kits, or sometimes as a part of a carpenter's tool kit.

Be sure to remove the rubber gasket and bushing assembly prior to straightening the tab.

Let us know how you get on

poster_stupid.gif
Just mount the busted-ass mirror and use it as a lever. Unless you really want to go through the hassle of removing the plastic. The tabs the mirrors bolt to can bend without actually bending the subframe bars.

And it is a hassle! You start with the lower side fairings and work upward and forward. The nose is the last piece of bodywork you remove.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator: