Brush Gaurds for Grips?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSUCHLAND

Reaction score
Hello friends. My neighbor is looking for some brush gaurds for her 05 FJR that go on the grips. She has trouble keeping her hands warm and would like some wind protection. We've heard that there are some for the Suzuki V-Strom that will bolt right on the FJR. Does anyone know about the Suzuki product or where to get some made for the FJR?

Well not quite direct bolt on (unless you buy custom bar ends for them) but pretty damn close. Order the 2004 V-Strom hand-guards.

Hello friends. My neighbor is looking for some brush gaurds for her 05 FJR that go on the grips. She has trouble keeping her hands warm and would like some wind protection. We've heard that there are some for the Suzuki V-Strom that will bolt right on the FJR. Does anyone know about the Suzuki product or where to get some made for the FJR?
I have a set on my 07 FJR that I install for winter use. It was still 41 degrees this morning, so I haven't taken them off for summer yet. PM me if you want to see them installed because it looks like you are just around the corner from me. I believe you can buy a complete kit with the necessary bolts from www.fjrgoodies.com (call to ask).

I'm accumulating the Parts neccessary to install the V-Strom Handguards on my 08 F.J.R. as well. I would like to find those custom bar ends that were mentioned. I saw a post somewhere were someone manufactured a set that were machined with a groove to accept the guards where they met the grips. It made for a real clean installation. Does anyone have any idea where I might be able to find them? Thanks Eric.

I'm accumulating the Parts neccessary to install the V-Strom Handguards on my 08 F.J.R. as well. I would like to find those custom bar ends that were mentioned. I saw a post somewhere were someone manufactured a set that were machined with a groove to accept the guards where they met the grips. It made for a real clean installation. Does anyone have any idea where I might be able to find them? Thanks Eric.
I used bar ends off a Suzuki drz 400S model(dual sport) they have the groove built in. and they have lots of weight for the bar buzzzzzz

When I was looking for these, it took quite a bit of looking. I'll save you the trouble. The parts you seek are gearman's DL handguard mounting hardware: <Link>

I used bar ends off a Suzuki drz 400S model(dual sport) they have the groove built in. and they have lots of weight for the bar buzzzzzz
P/N ?

When I was looking for these, it took quite a bit of looking. I'll save you the trouble. The parts you seek are gearman's DL handguard mounting hardware: <Link>

P/N ?
Thanks To Joe2lmaker for the link I sent gearman a note hopefully he has a set left in stock Eric.