Bulkhead connector in Corbin Smuggler

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

semongtaulie

Reaction score
Trying to do some farkleization and need to ask a question before I really F something up. I'm installing a FZ1 Fuzeblock in the rear of the bike on a plate offered by one of our forum members. That part is working great. I want to add a bulkhead connector so I can power my Smuggler. It appears there is enough room to add the connector at the back side of the Smuggler with enough clearance between the connector and the FZ1. I only need enough room between the Smuggler and FZ1 for the SAE connector to protrude without jamming into the FZ1.

Since I can't really see it with the Smuggler installed and it's difficult to get a good measurement I thought I'd ask to see if anyone else had tried this. The only other place it looks like would work is the bottom of the Smuggler and I can see a small gap there between the bottom of the Smuggler and the area right behind the latch mechanism.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Since I can't really see it with the Smuggler installed and it's difficult to get a good measurement ...
Put some Clingfilm over the GFZ!, then a lump of Plasticine or Bluetack. Put the Smuggler in place, then remove it. You'll have a good idea of the available clearance.