Burned My Boot Heel

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get any major heel meltage, but occasionally there is some brief contact made and small heel marks show up on the pipes. Fot those looking to remove the melted rubber, try using GooGone. Takes it right off with now scrubbing or chance of scraping the pipe.
I s'pose I should get some o' them heel guards. Hell I have almost every other FJR farkle known to man... :blink:
Lookie here... $15.01, Cobra's are $18.99.

I don't get any major heel meltage, but occasionally there is some brief contact made and small heel marks show up on the pipes. Fot those looking to remove the melted rubber, try using GooGone. Takes it right off with now scrubbing or chance of scraping the pipe.
I s'pose I should get some o' them heel guards. Hell I have almost every other FJR farkle known to man... :blink:
Lookie here... $15.01, Cobra's are $18.99.
Almost. I read that as "you save 15.01". The actual price is 19.99 each for the no-name shields and as you point out, 18.99 each for the Cobras (plus shipping of course). So ~$50 all told. That's a lot of burnt heels...

Yeah, I'm cheap frugal. :rolleyes:

So ~$50 all told. That's a lot of burnt heels...
Yeah, I'm cheap frugal. :rolleyes:
Yep. But, I hate cleaning the burned on "goo" off my exhaust....

....and riding boots are expensive AND size 14s are hard to find.

He he... but with flippers that big you can usually find stuff on closeout at New Enough or some other vendors' fire sale. My size 11's are is probably the most common size, which of course means they sell out of that early. :angry:

None of which has anything to do with heel guards... sorry for the digression.

Henceforth...IF'n your thinking a newbie happens to be the unmentionable banned one

asking about risers...

...just chap his a$$ by lauding the praises of [SIZE=24pt]HELI[/SIZE].

Oh and back on topic...I gotta get some of those rear guards for my wife. She tells

me her boots are often on the pipes. So I tried to keep them air-cooled by running

a little hot on the speedo.