Buyers beware! Great forum members selling high quality products.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1300AE

Reaction score
Hello,

I purchase some stuff like a month or two ago. Here goes my personal experience.

Old Wild Bill's highway Pegs

I got the Old Wild Bill's highway Pegs from Terry like a month or two ago. Great product. I would recommend buying from them with my eyes shut. They were beyond helpful to say the least. The pegs really help, now I can move my messed up leg around to improve circulation. This product should be the first accessory on any FJR. It makes a huge difference comfort wise. Remember, If you are comfortable. You are safer.

WynPro ( BIG-FOOT)

No longer diving in the dirt after parking my baby.

08FJR4ME was quite helpful and shipping was fast.

The product works well in my opinion.

Great buy if you often get to park your baby on the dirt,

Get the Bigfoot.

Garauld light brackets

Another award winning product. I installed mine with a set of Hella's FF50 and the SW-MOTECH mirror wideners from twistedthrottle.

The whole thing worked out great.

I can easily recommend this product, and the seller. Great guy :fan_1: .

Below my current upgrade list;

Throttlemeister.

Hella FF50 Driving Lights Kit.

Gerauld Auxiliary light brackets.

SW-MOTECH mirror wideners.

Bags-Connection "Trip" Quick-Lock Tankbag for SW-MOTECH Gascap Mounting System.

Handlebar risers.

Techmount FJR Stem Mount (3-10998).

Garmin Zumo 550.

RAM Mount Self Leveling Cup Holder.

Wolo Manufacturing 385-2T and 380-2T.

Motivation USA frame sliders.

Wild Bill Highway Pegs.

WynPro ( BIG-FOOT) Kickstand enlargement pad.

AirHawk motorcycle seat cushion - Medium Cruiser.

FJR1300 reflective rear bag decals.

Helmet Guardian.

Hyperlights (Turn Signals and brake lights).

Next (As soon as my budget permits):

Brodie grounding Harness.

gearman handguard adapters.

Finally, I am 100% satisfied with the forum members above. I couldn't ask for a better experience from inquiring about their products to the functionality and quality after installation. I would also like to thank Brodie and gearman. They are also great.

This forum has some of the greatest people.

Thanks again.

Best regards.

Please, forgive me. My grammar sucks.

I got the Old Wild Bill's highway Pegs from Terry like a month or two ago. Great product. I would recommend buying from them with my eyes shut. They were beyond helpful to say the least. The pegs really help, now I can move my messed up leg around to improve circulation. This product should be the first accessory on any FJR. It makes a huge difference comfort wise. Remember, If you are comfortable. You are safer.

Just don't corner too hard or you will not be safer. There have been some that have caught those highway pegs in a tight corner and bit it hard.

All those farkles and you haven't fixed the ground spider yet? Yikes! That was my first farkle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just don't corner too hard or you will not be safer. There have been some that have caught those highway pegs in a tight corner and bit it hard.

All those farkles and you haven't fixed the ground spider yet? Yikes! That was my first farkle.

Im not a mechanically inclined guy. I didn't even know that the Brodie grounding Harness existed. I just found out about it like a week ago. I'm learning as much as I can.

keep in mind that the pegs are built for comfort and straight line relaxing. If I want to haul a**, I lift the highway pegs up :p .

keep in mind that the pegs are built for comfort and straight line relaxing. If I want to haul a**, I lift the highway pegs up :p .
I was thinking i had to have highway pegs when i first saw them, but then i saw a post where someone took a real nasty tumble because the highway peg bit the pavement on a corner and I started top question them. What sealed the deal for me was following someone with them up a mountain road, their pegs were in the up position, and every other corner it looked like he was gonna dig them in. It looked like they were closer to the pavement than his stock pegs as he cornered. It was a little too close for my comfort.

Confused..... I have had those "Wild Bill Pegs" for several years, and chased others with the same. The pegs are set up to give way if they touch, just like stock pegs. As a matter of fact, they start to fold when I get going fast!

Seems like the only way they could create a problem, would be if you installed rigid pegs.

Confused..... I have had those "Wild Bill Pegs" for several years, and chased others with the same. The pegs are set up to give way if they touch, just like stock pegs. As a matter of fact, they start to fold when I get going fast!

Seems like the only way they could create a problem, would be if you installed rigid pegs.
+1

I just ran WV for the second time and the corners are tighter than anywhere I have ever been including the much to do Dragon. Never even close to the WB pegs, or even the foot pegs for that matter. I still question who dug them in and wrecked, and if true, something had to be down before the highway pegs.

I saw a Blue FJR at the Green Banks Observatory and he had pegs on and they had no rash either. And he was dressed to Ride with some very serious boots and 1 piece suit. I did not get a chance to ride with him but I am sure he was more of a aggressive rider then I.

I think people Parrot stuff without knowing or using a product firsthand.

Oh and OP, spend the money NOW for the grounding harness, it is worth the investment compared to the hassle. No farkel is better or worth more.

Just to add to your every growing addiction, I recently got a set of Gearman barends cut for DL1000 handgaurds. They rock!!!! The fit and finish is perfect, and the DL1000 gaurds bolted right on.

Lucas

I LOVE my Wild Bill pegs but yes they are ground up beyond belief and yes they will touch down.

..and yes, I fold them up for the twisties.

Just to add to your every growing addiction, I recently got a set of Gearman barends cut for DL1000 handgaurds. They rock!!!! The fit and finish is perfect, and the DL1000 gaurds bolted right on.

Lucas

Gearman rocks. Great guy fo show :p

+1

I just ran WV for the second time and the corners are tighter than anywhere I have ever been including the much to do Dragon. Never even close to the WB pegs, or even the foot pegs for that matter. I still question who dug them in and wrecked, and if true, something had to be down before the highway pegs.

I saw a Blue FJR at the Green Banks Observatory and he had pegs on and they had no rash either. And he was dressed to Ride with some very serious boots and 1 piece suit. I did not get a chance to ride with him but I am sure he was more of a aggressive rider then I.

Oh and OP, spend the money NOW for the grounding harness, it is worth the investment compared to the hassle. No farkel is better or worth more.

I think the Old Wild Bill Pegs were by far my best upgrade to date. The only upgrade that matches the pegs IMO is the Airhawk seat.

I guess I'm into comfort more than anything.

Im not a mechanically inclined guy. I didn't even know that the Brodie grounding Harness existed. I just found out about it like a week ago. I'm learning as much as I can.
I was tryin ta be funny an screw with allrider...

Yup.

Fix the lectral stuff...

I got Brodies switch relay and spider ground fix.

Insurance....

Hey buddy,

How hard was the install of the Brodies switch relay and spider ground fix? Can you tell me the pourpose of this upgrade?

I just didn't understand Brodies explanation. He is just too smart for me :dribble: . He needs a spokes person that can speak with the common men :crazy: .

I'm so lost regarding the Brodies switch relay and spider ground fix :blind: .

I had highway pegs that were "like" the Wild Bill pegs. It wasn't hitting the pegs that was so much the problem as it was dragging the frigging mounts.

I never crashed the bike or even got scared, but eventually the pressures associated with dragging the mounts bent the bolts and my right side case started leaking oil.

Took the pegs off, replaced a gasket, and no more leak. Later sold the pegs to a forum member for cheap.

I had highway pegs that were "like" the Wild Bill pegs. It wasn't hitting the pegs that was so much the problem as it was dragging the frigging mounts.

I never crashed the bike or even got scared, but eventually the pressures associated with dragging the mounts bent the bolts and my right side case started leaking oil.

Took the pegs off, replaced a gasket, and no more leak. Later sold the pegs to a forum member for cheap.

Is there a way to get some sort of super strong material bolts so that doesn't happen to me? I just love using this pegs.

Is there a way to get some sort of super strong material bolts so that doesn't happen to me? I just love using this pegs.

That would be real bad to do. You do want any break away option you can get and stronger bolts are not good.

After seeing the replies there are some who scraped them I still would not take mine off.

I think it comes down to riding style and ability. I do not scrape anything and my intent is never to scrape anything. I am below the ability of the bike and intend to stay that way. As I said I did over 1000 miles in WV last week and as I said NO WHERE have I ridden on roads like those as far as turns in every form you can imagine.

However I will back pedal a bit and say if I ever progress to scraping them then I would take them off, just after last week on those roads they were not an issue, and that is as tough and technical roads I will ever ride.

Also on the ground spider use this one for it's ease of install.

Road Runner Spider Fix

Sure, go to the hardware store, and buy some grade 8 screws, and let us know your hospital address and room number, so we can send a card when you dig those unbendable bolts into the asphalt because you had to corner harder to avoid a deer (or car, or marmot, or farm equipment......)

+1

Don't confuse a guy with all the best-looking gear for a guy with motorcycling skills. A couple of years ago, I rode with a friend of a friend. "Blinker Bob", I'll call him. This guy had put hundreds of thousands of miles on bikes, mostly BMWs. He had done rallies, IBR stuff, and had no problem staying in the saddle for tankful after tankful of gas. Wore all the best gear, and looked like (and considered himself to be) a serious biker.

Well, when the road got twisty, this guy froze up like a popsicle. Rigid, jerky, unstable, and inconsistent in every corner. When we took a break, he said to my buddy "Man, we're really hauling ass. I've never ridden that fast". My buddy said, "No, we're NOT hauling ass". He again stated that we were just flying. This guy has no clue.

My point is that you can't tell how a guy rides until you ride with him. And if the highway peg brackets (rigid) touch down before the stock pegs (fold-able), then you are asking for a potentially painful experience. Proceed with caution.