Buyers beware! Great forum members selling high quality products.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Confused..... I have had those "Wild Bill Pegs" for several years, and chased others with the same. The pegs are set up to give way if they touch, just like stock pegs. As a matter of fact, they start to fold when I get going fast!

Seems like the only way they could create a problem, would be if you installed rigid pegs.
+1

I just ran WV for the second time and the corners are tighter than anywhere I have ever been including the much to do Dragon. Never even close to the WB pegs, or even the foot pegs for that matter. I still question who dug them in and wrecked, and if true, something had to be down before the highway pegs.

I saw a Blue FJR at the Green Banks Observatory and he had pegs on and they had no rash either. And he was dressed to Ride with some very serious boots and 1 piece suit. I did not get a chance to ride with him but I am sure he was more of a aggressive rider then I.

I think people Parrot stuff without knowing or using a product firsthand.

Oh and OP, spend the money NOW for the grounding harness, it is worth the investment compared to the hassle. No farkel is better or worth more.

Don't confuse a guy with all the best-looking gear for a guy with motorcycling skills. A couple of years ago, I rode with a friend of a friend. "Blinker Bob", I'll call him. This guy had put hundreds of thousands of miles on bikes, mostly BMWs. He had done rallies, IBR stuff, and had no problem staying in the saddle for tankful after tankful of gas. Wore all the best gear, and looked like (and considered himself to be) a serious biker.

Well, when the road got twisty, this guy froze up like a popsicle. Rigid, jerky, unstable, and inconsistent in every corner. When we took a break, he said to my buddy "Man, we're really hauling ass. I've never ridden that fast". My buddy said, "No, we're NOT hauling ass". He again stated that we were just flying. This guy has no clue.

My point is that you can't tell how a guy rides until you ride with him. And if the highway peg brackets (rigid) touch down before the stock pegs (fold-able), then you are asking for a potentially painful experience. Proceed with caution.
I agree with all you say. However talking to the guy and seeing his gear and being where we were is twisty heaven or hell depending on your skill and your willingness to ride in your comfort zone. I just had the impression he could ride but to lean the corner is the real test.

Ont the higway pegs I used a plum bob and laser light levels and with help concluded that the rider peg tits will touch first, followed by the center stand and then the bracket U where the highway peg meets the bracket attached to the motor.

Based on this I use them. I am never on the highway pegs when riding hard, I usually get over the gas tank, thighs gripping it, and weight on the flat of my feet on the rider pegs when it is time to get it. I figure I will feel the rider peg touch down first and be able to correct my line or amount of power, then the center stand will touch and I really know oh shit I am too hot, so next is the highway pegs and that pretty much would mean I am in some kinda trouble and need to do what I have to, to get it corrected.

I know there are guys who can ride knee down on the FJR and that is way cool and those are the guys I like talking to as they make me a better rider. However I will never be one of them and that is ok.

Again I also am a old fart at 54 so my rides are mostly for pleasure with an occasional wild hair to shit and get. Again if you ride hard all the time and that is what the FJR is to you then I can see the worry, otherwise the benefit going down Route 81 for 200 miles at 80 MPH with my feet up and leaned back into my roll top bag on the rear seat is pretty nice.

:biggrinsmiley: I turn 54 in 3 weeks...

If you've checked out the clearance and are happy with it, let 'er rip! In apparent comfort, I might add!

RE: Wildbill pegs.

I had them for a while, rode with them pretty aggressively, and yeah, dragging them wasn't a problem, but with them set up to fold up, you should be good to go. I never once, ever dragged a mount. I think that might depend on exactly which pegs you are using and how far the part that bolts into the mount itself sticks out. I didn't have the stock pegs that he ships, I had something else and I didn't have any 'extensions' on them.

The only reason I stopped using them was, I just didn't feel the position was all that comfortable for me. All I did was bang my shins, or just above my boots on my fairings trying to use them and that was annoying.

So like others, if you set them up right and ride your pace through the twisties, and don't feel like it's an issue.

Ride on.

It would be great if someone could post pics and contact point for these farkle resources

Hmmm, this is a 3+ year old thread.

Old Wild Bill is out of the game, no longer making pegs (with a good excuse). You can find WynPro and pictures by looking up WynPro here in the Forum. You can find Garauld and his products by looking up Garauld here in the Forum. Both are in the For Sale section.

Old Wild Bill is out of the game, no longer making pegs (with a good excuse).
Yes, I believe he passed away.
Yes, in June '12. With honor and dignity in spite of having his design ripped off and under priced by another that ironically passed away at almost the same time. Unlike the rebuilder of stock shocks that was removed from society with no honor or dignity.

Last edited by a moderator: