Camera options

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vesparado

Reaction score
I have my eye on an onboard camera from Aerostitch:

https://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Zen-Cam-p-20195.html

I want something that will mount to my handle bars and has good sound and video quality. What type of setup would some of you suggest? Is that Zen camera any good? Does anybody have one? I am looking for a Christmas/B-Day present for myself. Thank you!

Matt

2007 FJR owner :yahoo:

This thing works really good and is very reasonalbly priced

GoProHero Camera

One of my buddys who races his 65 Shelby Cobra has a few of them. He mounts them all over his car and the vids are really nice. It comes with a bunch of different mounts and can even be used under water. I'm going to Vale snowboarding in a few weeks and plan to hav one suctioned to the front of my board!

Hey Vesparado,

I'm researching the topic too.

See link below for reviews....

reviews/shopping

Plus, Google "vholdr" or "Twenty20 vholdr" and you can occupy yourself for hours with all the sites that come up.

For my money, the VIO-POV is a better option for what I want to do, but I was considering adding the Vholdr camera as a helmet mount in addition.

VP

after black Friday Radio Shack had one on sale for $79 (a Memorex)with better HD resolution 1280x720 vs this one with 720x480.

I havent tested the Memorex out yes as It has been raining, But I'll give you an update when I do.

link

----------------

test

rolling test from 60 to 120 +/-

I need to make a better mount, it shakes too much

See this review and another one here

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the Vholdr from aerostitch because it is universal and shock resistant so I can use it for mountain biking. I will give you guys an update once I get the unit in the mail. It should be here in a couple days,

Matt