Can Am RT

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since this little drama is occurring directly under the front of the gas tank, the chances for a marsh mellow roast are quite high.
I picked mine up on a Friday and left the next day for a 2-week, 4K-mile OR/WA trip with no issues. So not sure how high the chances are or if I just managed to dodge the fire bullet!
laugh.png
It likely had the recall retorfit done on it before you picked it up.

To everyone else, because of the massive improvements to the 2014 and the (solvable) bad rep of the 2013 has, I bet some really good deals can be found on the 2013.

It likely had the recall retorfit done on it before you picked it.
Nope... The recall didn't come out until after I got back from the trip and brought it in for it's second service at about 5k miles. I think a knee jerk reaction that all 2013 models are bad or something is kind of silly. I have found the differences between my 2009 RS and the 2013 ST are huge and I am very happy with my new one. The 2014 upgrades are on the RT which is a bigger touring bike... Kind of like the Gold Wing of the Spyders. I like the sportier look of the ST. YMMV. :)

Since this little drama is occurring directly under the front of the gas tank, the chances for a marsh mellow roast are quite high.
I picked mine up on a Friday and left the next day for a 2-week, 4K-mile OR/WA trip with no issues. So not sure how high the chances are or if I just managed to dodge the fire bullet!
laugh.png
It likely had the recall retorfit done on it before you picked it up.

To everyone else, because of the massive improvements to the 2014 and the (solvable) bad rep of the 2013 has, I bet some really good deals can be found on the 2013.
Dealer her in VA is offering $3K off '13s, and wifey almost jumped on one. But after doing the research on the '14 RTs we decided to wait. Worth the extra $ for the 3 cylinder, 6 speed, etc... But again, I need a good grade in that Creative Financing class. BTW, I believe there are some deals out there if you commit to a '14 before the end of Oct '13. And it would probably show up in the Spring.