Can this be REAL?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtr1174

Reaction score
I found this link, what am I missing? It lists a Garmin Zumo 665 for ONLY $177.20, I did not put it in the cart and checkout, so I assume shipping must be about $500.

Clicky

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the "estimated" shipping costs to America from the site:

Available Shipping Methods Rates Total Cost

DHL Rates US$46.50 US$223.70

EMS Rates US$36.50 US$213.70

Fedex Rates US$44.50 US$221.70

TNT Rates US$49.50 US$226.70

UPS Rates US$45.50 US$222.70

Per Item US$38.50 US$215.70

so, maybe i'm missing something, and i know, if its seems to good to be true, it probably is, BUT

total cost of $213.70-226.70 seems pretty damn good...

THIS IS LIKELY A SCAM.

that said, there is a tiny chance it's "Grey Market" stuff.

it's the real thing but will have no warranty protection in the US.

is grey market bad? up to you...

i've had some pretty good equipment that was grey market.

is it risky? you bet.

Don't send money! These kind of shopping sites are way too easy to build, and once they have have your money and it's dawned on you you're not getting the goods, they will evaporate. If you do a search on one.toolscameras.com there are a lot of scam warnings, and not a single review of what a great store this is. I wonder why? :blink:

I found this link, what am I missing? It lists a Garmin Zumo 665 for ONLY $177.20, I did not put it in the cart and checkout, so I assume shipping must be about $500.

Clicky
If it seems to good to be true (especially on the internet), it probably is.

BTW, Garmin just announced the latest motorcycle specific GPS unit - the zūmo 350LM.

Aw, you guys just don't trust anybody. What a great price! I just sent them my bank account info and PIN. They said I'd get my GPS faster that way. Can't wait! :yahoo:

Clicky
If it seems to good to be true (especially on the internet), it probably is.

BTW, Garmin just announced the latest motorcycle specific GPS unit - the zūmo 350LM.
It just may be time for me to step up to the plate, and get a GPS.

The 350 is not the solution. From a features perspective it would seem to be between the 200 and the 660 (the 550 is/was actually 'higher' then the 600 in the heirarchy), though it does have the new 3.0 user interface that Garmin has been touting in the 2012 product line.

As to buying from this site - use a credit card and you'll be protected - you won't likely get your product, but you won't lose your money, either - at least not if you are in Canada; I don't know if US card issuers offer unconditional protection against scams and fraud the way we do up here.

Clicky
Kinda weird,

I placed an order of 2 units with bogus info without putting in any credit card info and it accepted it. Sounds fishy. Not sure why the call it a navigator and not a gps.

Dave

Clicky
Kinda weird,

I placed an order of 2 units with bogus info without putting in any credit card info and it accepted it. Sounds fishy. Not sure why the call it a navigator and not a gps.

Dave
They call it a navigator because that is what it is. The term GPS stands for Global Positioning System, which is a constellation of satellites in orbit around the planet that are used to determine one's location on (or above) the planet through triangulation.

Those things Garmin, TomTom, Magellan and so on manufacture are properly called navigators and incorporate GPS receivers into their design.

It doesn't make the vendor more or less reliable and that they took your bogus credit card means little, because they might engage in post processing, though I doubt it. But if you're going to find fault, what they call the device isn't among the smoking guns.

I'd be carefull just visiting that site, I clicked around a bit and it sent my Malwarebytes and McAfee programs into a tizzy blocking malicious stuff.

Aw, you guys just don't trust anybody. What a great price! I just sent them my bank account info and PIN. They said I'd get my GPS faster that way. Can't wait! :yahoo:
Good for you Mike! Don't listen to these dummies. I hope you enjoy your GPS as soon as it arrives.
BTW - Please send me your bank acoount number and PIN. I'll send you that bridge I saw on my trip of Norcal. I have real pix of it! ;) :p

Good for you Mike! Don't listen to these dummies. I hope you enjoy your GPS as soon as it arrives.
BTW - Please send me your bank acoount number and PIN. I'll send you that bridge I saw on my trip of Norcal. I have real pix of it! ;) :p
Sorry, Simon, too late. The account is showing a zero balance for some reason. :unsure:

(Too bad. I really liked that bridge.) :angry: