Can Y.E.S be purchased out of state?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hurtback

Reaction score
First off, my apologies if this topic has been covered before.

But......

I just called my dealer and wanted to purchase the extended coverage plan (YES)

I've seen posts that say that the cost is about $400.00 or so for the 48 month extension.

My dealer just told me it's $700.00 ! When I told him I've seen the same plan on this forum for half that he stated that these $400.00 prices were "out in the Midwest" or something.

Is this true?

Can I buy one of those "Midwest" YES plans from a "Midwest" dealership and be covered out here in the "Northeast"?

Thanks for any help or suggestions anyone out there can offer.

T.

Hey Hurtback?

Welcome to the board...Truly.

Don't let sh&t like this discourage you from taking part.

b

Hey Hurtback?
Welcome to the board...Truly.

b

Thanks for the welcome.

But something told me I was gonna get schmacked for that question.

It only left a little red mark.

Don't worry Hurtback...You'll be ok. You can definately buy your YES from someone out of state. I live in NM and bought mine from D&H in Alabama. I don't have their number on me, but I think it is in the links where Ignacio directed you. DO NOT spend $700 when you don't have to. But you already knew that. :huh: :lol:

yea,iggys sharpness has driven more than one away.welcome aboard.now i will be banned.
Huh? That was a plastic spoon I used!

Had I been "sharp" I would have posted something about reading the New Members thread they were expected to when they signed up, not bothered with a link, and shut the thread down. This is a tavern after all.

Now, if somebody would like to have me not post what I just did....they can PM me offline and tell me how they'd like to volunteer to be the FJRForum Welcome Wagon (whatever title they'd like) and answer any and all questions of newbies even if repeated in other parts of the forum including oil and tire threads. You up for it?

And if you think you'd get banned for saying something like you did.....you're nuts.

The 12 or so people that have been actually banned in the nearly 3 year history of this forum either had to earn that by sending e-mails to admins with 212 "**** you!"s in them, threaten to sue the site, try to get an admin fired from their job, re-register as a sock puppet, or break other similarly serious rules REPEATEDLY after being told to stop.

I note this because I've heard recently others claim to have been banned.....but they weren't.

-----

And to hurtback....welcome again. I see you signed up months ago, but haven't posted much.

This other stuff isn't about you personally. It's about a basic expectation that guests will read through the basic stuff and if they miss it they'll appreciate the reminders. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez...the new guy is from New Joisey so don't you think he already has enough to deal with? :D

Welcome Hurtback! I'm a 20 yr. NJ resident myself but not for the last 16 years. Also I just bought the YES plan through D&H about two weeks ago and the price was still $389.

Geez...the new guy is from New Joisey so don't you think he already has enough to deal with? :D
Welcome Hurtback! I'm a 20 yr. NJ resident myself but not for the last 16 years. Also I just bought the YES plan through D&H about two weeks ago and the price was still $389.
Thank You.

I called another dealer right in the area and asked him how much he charges for the YES plan.

After a few uh...let me see....uh what year bike do you have? etc... I just blurted out "look, I can get this for $389" he said "ok come on down".

I paid $389, and saved $300. But he did say that he charges and gets $700 as well as the other dealer does. I felt like I robbed it at that point so now I won't feel bad about spending $600 on a GPS.

Thanks again

It's nice saving some money after becoming conditioned for years on HD price gouging.

hmm....thinking Dale Carnegie Course
;)
hmm....still waiting on the PM volunteering.

;)
We are all adults, yes...even Bustanut *smirk*. Your need for a volunteer is non-existant, IMHO.

Like life in a society where free speech is protected by 1st ammendment rights, open discussion forums tend to manage themselves...given 1/2 the chance.

Let people post uncensored, let members give the newbies some helpful direction. I think most people here are pretty patient and understanding. Most remember what it was like being new and looking for acceptance. And if they don't? they should...

So, tell me why you feel newbies, or anyone else for that matter, needs to be babysat, watchdogged, 'welcomed'? Call it what you will...

Tell me why people say in PM or email that they "are afraid to post" to FJR Forum in fear of being chastised?

If you'd like to take this off the board, email me. I am good with that. I don't bite...unless you ask nicely.

Regards, b

Like life in a society where free speech is protected by 1st ammendment rights, open discussion forums tend to manage themselves...given 1/2 the chance. Let people post uncensored, let members give the newbies some helpful direction. I think most people here are pretty patient and understanding. Most remember what it was like being new and looking for acceptance. And if they don't? they should...
I agree 100%! Was my link to the answer not helpful? Not only was the information in the link comprehensive, but included additional details that they hadn't asked, but might be interested in later. Please don't confuse short and brief with being rude.

And who's been censored here?

So, tell me why you feel newbies, or anyone else for that matter, needs to be babysat, watchdogged, 'welcomed'? Call it what you will...
Tell me why people say in PM or email that they "are afraid to post" to FJR Forum in fear of being chastised?
Babysat? I answered a question I knew the answer to.

As for people who "are afraid to post"......I would guess they might be folks that either haven't clicked and read the provided links....or really should take #3 more to heart and post up!

<tavern>

Ding! Next round is on the house everybody! :)

</tavern>

Iggy, musta been the tone of your underlining. That, and/or forum history...

Thanks for the welcome.
But something told me I was gonna get schmacked for that question.

It only left a little red mark.
...as even the thread originator took it as a reprimand.

Just sayin'... :blink:

Latest posts