Can you see me now? (Mirrors on my 07)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow- I thought (from sitting on one at the dealer) that the mirrors on the FJR were a huge improvement over my FZ1 as far as seeing behind me. Of course, on the road may be different. I wonder if I should steal the mirrors off my bike before I sell it?
Actually, just wanted to ask if it matters which generation FZ1- or did they use the same mirrors?
I agree. The FJR mirrirs are a huge improvement over the view that stock FZ1 mirrors had. They just sucked. I replaced mine with custom mounted Majesty mirrors. I still have the original FZ1 mirrors if someone wants them. Just send me shipping costs and you can have them. There is probably a place on this site for this sort of transaction, but this seems like an opportune location considering that I am not looking to make a profit, just get rid of some stuff lying around my garage.

First person to send to [email protected] gets them.
I put FZ1 mirrors on my 04 FJR and it was a major improvement. Maybe my best farkle yet. Someone should jump on these freebies. I would if I didn't already have them.

GP

I was riding along yesterday on my 06 thinking- 'what's wrong with the stock mirrors' ??

The rearward vision is very good...

???

I agree. The FJR mirrirs are a huge improvement over the view that stock FZ1 mirrors had. They just sucked. I replaced mine with custom mounted Majesty mirrors. I still have the original FZ1 mirrors if someone wants them. Just send me shipping costs and you can have them. There is probably a place on this site for this sort of transaction, but this seems like an opportune location considering that I am not looking to make a profit, just get rid of some stuff lying around my garage.

email sent!

FZ1 (2001-2005) mirror versus stock:

FJR-mirrors.jpg

Thanks to D&H Cycle, test rode one side FZ1 and one side OEM... sold! WOW, what an improvement!! :clapping: I'm a rider - - I couldn't give a rats ass a/b what they look like... I leave such concerns to owners to fret about. Whoever posted the FZ1 mirrors were the best upgrade yet wasn't kidding!

I can see clearly now the OEM's are gone.... :thumbsup:

AGirl

Last edited by a moderator:
You go, Agirl! SomeMost times its about what functions for you regardless of what others think or say.

I had them on my '04, I put them on the '05. I'm glad they serve you well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow- I thought (from sitting on one at the dealer) that the mirrors on the FJR were a huge improvement over my FZ1 as far as seeing behind me. Of course, on the road may be different. I wonder if I should steal the mirrors off my bike before I sell it?
Actually, just wanted to ask if it matters which generation FZ1- or did they use the same mirrors?

Sorry, they are gone now. But if you go to https://yamahafz1oa.com (this is the FZ1 users group) you could probably pick a set up cheap. Not as cheap as mine but better than elsewhere. It is one of the earliest mods done on an FZ1. You think the view of your elbows is good on the FJR, they are all you see on the FZ1.

Sorry, they are gone now. But if you go to https://yamahafz1oa.com (this is the FZ1 users group) you could probably pick a set up cheap. Not as cheap as mine but better than elsewhere. It is one of the earliest mods done on an FZ1. You think the view of your elbows is good on the FJR, they are all you see on the FZ1.

I'd like to apologize to the forum. After looking through my garage for the mirrors I can only conclude that I must have thrown them out. I honestly thought I still had them but, truth be told, they were as valuable to me as kindling. They probably got culled in my last dump run.

I promise in the future not to make such offers until I can lay my hands on the item.