Canada Day, Feck ya!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great report and good to see a pic of Cameron. I hope he stays away from those cattle.
First time I've met Cameron but I've heard of him many times from Peter Delean (brick1 here). It was funny, were standing their getting ready to hunt for something to eat and Cameron comes walking over, doesn't say anything and then spies my IBA plate. Chatted for a minute or two then introduces himself as being from North Bay. I think I threw him for a loop when I asked how he was healing up and then asked for a pic to surpise Peter with.

For those that don't know, Cameron is an IBR competitor and, unfortunately, center punched a Black Angus Cow in Nebreska during the IBR5000 a few years ago. To hear him tell the story he literally 'laid it down' to avoid hitting the cow. Probably a wise decision. He came out with a couple of broken ribs and a broken vertebrae in his back. The worse part for him was the concussion and it's lingering affects.

He was on his way to visit family in Wawa with his significant other. The funny bit was his S/O. Who realized he was going to talk bikes with some strangers and she just politely excused herself :D

Great report Steve! Thoroughly enjoyed it. :yahoo:

I notice that there were no wrong turns in this report. Maybe it's not you...maybe it's the people you ride with. :rolleyes:

EDIT: oh...and Feck Ya! :****:

Last edited by a moderator:
I notice that there were no wrong turns in this report. Maybe it's not you...maybe it's the people you ride with. :rolleyes:
No pics, no witnesses, didn't happen. Thems the rules.

Besides, its pretty hard to make a wrong turn there. Their is nowhere to turn to!

Thanks for the Lake Superior pics! Brings back childhood memories of me growing up in Michigan. There is nothing that can really compared to the Great Lakes. Lakes that look as big as ocean's when standing on the beach, but yet are clear, cold, fresh water. I have fond memories swimming in northern Lake Huron & Lake Michigan in the Summer (water is still friggin cold then) and also going in the U.P. to Munising, MI and seeing the emerald green waters that butt up to the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. The other thing is the unmistakable "Up North" smell of the spruce pines and the clean air coming off the lakes.

All the years I lived in MI I never did the Lake Superior Loop. I feel like I missed out on seeing something special. I think I'll plan to do the this route on the FJR in the next couple of years.

Besides, its pretty hard to make a wrong turn there. Their is nowhere to turn to!
Oh for Petey's sake Bungie, what kind of an Irishman are you? If there is nowhere else to turn to, you turn to drinking of course! Even SPU and OM know this clear fact!

Enjoyed the report Steve. Brings back fond memories of an epic ride just a few short years ago. It's about time to do it again! Mfletch and I missed Kakabeka Falls some f'ecken how... ... but we did make it to Ouimet Canyon. Perty cool I might say. Also, thanks for giving the shout out to the Old Woman for me. As you know, she's one of my all time faves! The wife and I were just there on a cage tour last year during our annual Labor Day, oh, sorry, LABOUR Day excursion. :p

The wife and I were just there on a cage tour last year during our annual Labor Day, oh, sorry, LABOUR Day excursion. :p
Atta boy. Got the queens English going on. This IS Canada after all.

The drunk 2.5%'rs from Dryden that I hung with on Sat. night mentioned Ouimet Canyon and even showed me some video from his Iphone. It's WAY higher than I thought it would be. Easily a couple hundred feet.

.. Er, sorry, at least a 100 meters.

I was running a bit behind by the time I got there. Guess I have reason to go back now. Woohoo!

All the years I lived in MI I never did the Lake Superior Loop. I feel like I missed out on seeing something special. I think I'll plan to do the this route on the FJR in the next couple of years.
Do it. The north shore of Superior is easily the most scenic of all the Great Lakes. It's very reminiscent of the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia and, I've been told, sections of Hwy 1 along the Pacific coast of Cali.

Sadly, most of my pics were taken on the fly and were either blurry, had a strap in them or so crooked as to be unusable.