Canadian Ignition Switch Recall

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's moving from East to West, I guess I'll be the last to know. Actually, I imported my FJR from Washington state last spring so I need to find out where to get the work done. Up here or state side. Anyone else in the same boat?

I called my dealer in Vancouver today and they confirmed they received the notice. We will be able to use the same key after the replacement as the U.S. guys have said. Waiting for the parts now.

Well slap me silly. I never thought I would see the day that Yamaha Canada did the right thing.

Last year when I was having problems they insisted that they knew of no problem and suggessted that I buy the $411.00 switch kit myself as I was over a year out of warranty. I've been away for a few days and I don't think I have gotten a letter yet.

I called 3 dealers this morning. Alberta Cycle in Edmonton was the only dealer that knew anything. They said they have a few switches coming in next week. Booked my bike in for Tuesday.

Thanks to the people on this forum for getting the attention this problem deserved.