Canadian Root Beer for the holiday season

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you bought a bike with zero kilos and already it's an antique. How can you possibly pass anything when you don't have that sixth gear warp drive? Being as old as you are I guess you are OK with five granny gears so that might work OK for someone like you in their twilight years.
I'm understanding where you are coming from about the ES suspension. To my knowledge nobody has figured out what the costs are to do a rear shock overhaul on an ES or whether the shock is even rebuildable which makes a rebuildable aftermarket shock far more desirable IMHO.

Congrats on the new ride by the way.

And GO LEAFS!!
Well said.

CONGRATS Ray, you won't have a problem finding your bike in a crowded parking lot. She is a beauty.
thumbsup.gif
Root beer, cool aid..it's all good.
bleh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Ray, nice color choice! You're gonna luv it!

I'm guessing Ray will be moving his dialed in suspension from the Cherry Cola to the Root Beer?
Bingo Fred, I did the same thing for the same reason! Happy to report the GP/Penske combo works as well on the '15 as it did on the '09.
rolleyes.gif

--G

I absolutely LOVE the Magnetic Bronze color! I was seriously considering trying to find a leftover 2014A up north, but from what I have been able to find from somewhat limited research is that they aren't easy to import. I even sent an inquiry to Yamaha asking if the Canadian models conformed to US regulations and never even got the courtesy of a reply.

Typically, the Canadian bikes are 49 state emissions, so no biggie I would think......... so, why not pick up a nice '13 and paint it up? Better yet, paint over one of those lipstick pink '14's, bwaaahhhhaaaa.

On 14 (CAD) it is NOT possible to switch readout from KPH to MPH. I even called Yamaha head office and got some song and dance about legalities.....blah,blah, but in the end it is still not possible.

Maybe it is only the CAD version or the 15 can be switched.

That is what I thought. Now I need to figure out if replacing the cluster with one from a US bike will switch it, or if it is controlled by the ECU, in which case I'm sure it will be too costly.
If you change the ECU, there may be an issue with the immobiliser that the Canadian one has, but the US ECU isn't aware of. I've no idea whether that would really cause a problem , but it's something you would need to consider.

A seriously fine looking motorcycle. Happy for you.

Latest posts