CANCELLED -- Back Way Ride (reprised for May 26, 2011)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sam, I just sent you an email with the GDB file. Please add the waypoints you mentioned. I am not familiar with all of it. We can take you along in spirit anyway.

No Garmin software on my work computer, so I just modified the Google route that you had made.

I mentioned Ironstone Winery (if they are open - hopefully they are) so they can see the largest Crystalline Gold Nugget (in the world or something) - they are in Gold Country - might as well see some Gold.

Map link here

Also, you might even consider giving them a taste of the "Made for the FJR" sweepers on Foresthill Road up to Foresthill. So many options and only one day to explore them :(

Sam, I just sent you an email with the GDB file. Please add the waypoints you mentioned. I am not familiar with all of it. We can take you along in spirit anyway.
What time do you think you'll make it to Angel's Camp, or instead, where do you think you'd be stopping for lunch? I've half a mind to sprint out on my FZ1 and join you for the 2nd half of the day, maybe peeling off at Salmon Hills Road to get back to 50.

Where are you meeting in the morning, I would love to join in for breakfast/coffee. I have to be at work at noon.

Where are you meeting in the morning, I would love to join in for breakfast/coffee. I have to be at work at noon.
Airboss and I will be leaving Peardale about 7:45am...something about "we've worn out our welcome" or something like that**...so we will be down at Starbuck's (see post#1 aove) about 8:15am or 8:30am...so give us a call or meet us then...TomInCA will meet us about 9:30 I believe. It will be good to see you if you can make it.

**Actually we had a blast at Bugnatrs. Doug's wife is too good for him. ;)

No Garmin software on my work computer, so I just modified the Google route that you had made.

I mentioned Ironstone Winery (if they are open - hopefully they are) so they can see the largest Crystalline Gold Nugget (in the world or something) - they are in Gold Country - might as well see some Gold.

Map link here

Also, you might even consider giving them a taste of the "Made for the FJR" sweepers on Foresthill Road up to Foresthill. So many options and only one day to explore them :(
Crap! I just noticed that in my rush to head out the door to make it in time for Dinner in Nevada City - I cut pasted the old map link instead of the one that I had modified.
dribble.gif

Anyway, Irish Hill Road is here: Irish Hill

Pool Station Road is here: Pool Station

Sutter Ione is here: Sutter Ione

Rams Horn Grade is here: Rams Horn Grade

Ironstone Vineyard is here: Ironestone Vineyard

What time do you think you'll make it to Angel's Camp, or instead, where do you think you'd be stopping for lunch? I've half a mind to sprint out on my FZ1 and join you for the 2nd half of the day, maybe peeling off at Salmon Hills Road to get back to 50.
The reality of the honey-do list has struck - doesn't look like I'll be able to take another day off. Good riding today gentlemen, and a safe trip back for the long range visitors.