Can't find a hitch!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone explain how these others are mounted? What is the problem with fitment on the 2nd gens?
The bushtec uses 4 mounting points to the bike. Two are attached to the bracket on the frame that holds the rear peg-sets, and the other two actually go through the plastic fender (under the seat) and attach to the two bolts that are (I think I remember correctly) part of the rear sub-frame.

Maybe someone close to the manufacturers could give a drive-by and allow for modification of current design for fitment for the 2nd gens.
On genI bikes the sadddle bage mounts are bolted to the frame, which is where part of the hitch mounts, on GenII the saddle bag

mounts are part of the frame. Also Yamaha changed the passanger foot peg mounting.

Uni-Go has one listed but there are no years listed. I will contact them next week as I need to find one myself now. :angry: :angry: :angry:
https://www.uni-go.com/

Sent the boys at Ini-go an email inquiring as to the status of the existing hitch they have listed.

Here is their reply:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2008 12:12 PM
To: Stan Gripp
Subject: Re: Enquiry from Schoolhouse Motorcycle Accessories, Inc.

I have an '07 on the lift in the fab shop right now and we are trying to
figure out a hitch for them. The new way the bags fit to close make it very
difficult. We should be able to get it though in the next couple of weeks.
Regards, Mark Huffman
Will keep this thread updated if I receive anything else.

I had an '03 with a Bushtec hitch and trailer. Traded the '03 for an '07 but the hitch would not fit. The basic difference is due to the bags being moved inboard on the Gen II bikes and the passenger footpeg brackets being different. Worked with Andrew Preston on the design for the Gen II and had him install one on my '07 bike. The vertical brackets on the Gen II have to be bent inwards relative to the Gen I due to the bag position change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone explain how these others are mounted? What is the problem with fitment on the 2nd gens?
The bushtec uses 4 mounting points to the bike. Two are attached to the bracket on the frame that holds the rear peg-sets, and the other two actually go through the plastic fender (under the seat) and attach to the two bolts that are (I think I remember correctly) part of the rear sub-frame.

Maybe someone close to the manufacturers could give a drive-by and allow for modification of current design for fitment for the 2nd gens.
On genI bikes the sadddle bage mounts are bolted to the frame, which is where part of the hitch mounts, on GenII the saddle bag

mounts are part of the frame. Also Yamaha changed the passanger foot peg mounting.
RaceFan,

I have a Bushtec hitch on my FJR1300AE ... it is a very nice hitch but it does have the pin ... I just sold my Bushtec trailer because while it was a very nice trailer, I hated having to adjust the "air" every time the load changed.

If you would like to see some pictures, email me and I will take a few and send them to you.

Best Regards,

Shane

Got an email back from "DauntlessMotors"

We only found out last week that the rear passenger pegs were changed in
06 from a customer. As we have only had two FJR's in the shop ever one for a sidecar the other for a hitch both were older then 05 we have no plans at this time to develop a hitch for the newer bikes. Should some one bring us a bike we will see what we can do.
If your hitch is in the same condition as when we sold it you you then yes you may return it.
Jay Giese

> I purchased a FJR1300 hitch from you last fall 2007
> (September/October) and it has been sitting in a box ready to put on my 2007 FJR this spring.
>
> I was on the FJR Forum this last week and noticed someone had had to
> send their hitch back to you because it didn't fit the 2006 and up bikes.
> What's up.
>
> When I bought the hitch there was no listing of years or a picture.
>
> Question is, Can I return the hitch? Are you developing one for a 2006 +?
> Can we modify the one I have to fit?
>
> Let me know my options.
>
> Thanks,
Looks like the field of options is getting pretty narrow.. :blink:

Also the outfit (DauntlessMotors) seams pretty honorable to return my money after 5 months.. Good Stuff...

Latest posts