Can't identify connector

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harper

Which side is the brake on?
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Seattle, WA : floating down the atmospheric river
Curse Yamaha and their tortuous battery access for Gen2!!

My 2006A has a 15A fused line that goes under the gas tank to the left side. It has a pigtail coming out with a coaxial connector that I can't identify. A previous owner installed this line I suppose. It may be the mate to some heated clothing but I just don't know. Any ideas?

I would like to use it to run an air compressor for tire filling. If I can locate the mate to the connector I can avoid cutting this one off and splicing a connector in line.

Here is the end on view:

FJRConnectorEndOn.JPG

and here is the side view:

FJRConnectorSide.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I run my heated gear, air compressor and battery tender off that cord.
Does that cord have the Gerbings coax connector on it or did you put a different connector on it? And this is some after-market, fused pigtail, not stock. Did you just run a similar cable? I figure the 15A will let me run about any motorcycle air compressor I want. I was thinking of buying the Aerostich that you recommended in this thread:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/165199-aerostich-mini-compressor/?hl=compressor

It's not really all that hard to access the battery fully...
no.gif
After doing it once it's really pretty easy. The maintenance manual suggests that lots of stuff has to come off before the panel that covers the battery. It actually only takes removing two screws with a 4mm allen and popping out a plastic snap connector and that panel comes out easily.