Canyon Cage Bag protectors and slider combo

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gents

Post #17 is a photo of the Gen II product and post 19 is a photo of the Gen III product.

There are also 2 versions of the Gen II product, the later versions have a single flat bar connecting the the upper and lower tubes. In post 17 - note the 2 flat bars. I could be wrong, but dont believe the mounting points of the Gen II product has changed.

-Steve

That's right, nothing has changed in that area of the bike other than addition to the passenger footpeg casting for the muffler heel guard.

So can anyone measure the gen 3 rear bag protector to rear foot peg distance for me. I rarely ride without the woman, she has small ft at 5'2".

Looks to be enough room for me though

Just got them on last night. I mounted the passenger pillion and found that my size 11's are too large to fit on the passenger pegs. My heels rest on the pegs with the back of my foot touching the cage. Haven't had the wifey try it yet with her size 8's, but I think I am going to try and lower the passenger pegs since she has always complained about the high pegs on the rare occasion that she rides with me. Gonna start another thread about passenger peg lowering.

Those GENIII bars should fit the GenII just fine.
I can testify that indeed the Gen III bag guards fit a Gen II just fine and allow the pegs to be folded. The only difference is that they are 1" tubular and the Gen II fronts cage is 7/8", but if you can spot the difference on my bike your eyesight is much better than mine.

I have another question.....

Anyone with the Motech or T-Rex Sliders for the new 2013 - 2015 FJR's run the Garauld Highway Pegs....

Or is the slider in the way to get your feet on the pegs ?!?! I have the HWY pegs on the 05, and I don't think I could live without them, and I have sliders on my 05, which don't interfere - I know that I can mount them on the cages with the clamp bracket.....

Or

I could move them over from the 05 to the new bike, and get sliders....

PS - one of the guys at Tech Day IX had the cages and hwy pegs - plus a slider on the cage - I think it was chuck, but link to that thread would be helpful

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning to All!

Yes, I do have Ryans sliders on the ends of my Canyon cages. I also have Justins LED driving lights on the cages. I will post up a pic or two when I can. I think Ryan was stationed out in Ca. at Edwards AFB, but has sold his FJR and is moving elsewhere? Can't confirm him making any more slider kits.......sorry!
uhoh.gif

Morning to All!
Yes, I do have Ryans sliders on the ends of my Canyon cages. I also have Justins LED driving lights on the cages. I will post up a pic or two when I can. I think Ryan was stationed out in Ca. at Edwards AFB, but has sold his FJR and is moving elsewhere? Can't confirm him making any more slider kits.......sorry!
uhoh.gif
Pic's would be awesome when you get a chance. Thanks ...