• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Canyon Cages or R Gaza Engine Protection

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have the engine protectors available but have the R-Gaza bag protector that I'm not using right now. Candy Apple Red in color.

The rear braces on the R Garza for the Gen II do not bolt flush to the rear peg. They send 1 inch bushings/spacers and longer bolts. They protect the bags but when mine fell over those bolts bent.
The fronts may mount flush I use frame sliders.

Yes, thanks. I was going to get rear case protectors but from what I'm seeing doesn't work for my pillion. Seems the rear protection interferes with foot placement on the pegs. Thoughts?

Yes, thanks. I was going to get rear case protectors but from what I'm seeing doesn't work for my pillion. Seems the rear protection interferes with foot placement on the pegs. Thoughts?

MCEnterprises Canyon Cage later production models (about 2017+) provided adequate passenger foot clearance in the design of their luggage protectors. Also, both the engine and luggage protectors interchanged easily between my 2012 and 2014. Maybe they do so for all Gen 2 and Gen 3's?

Well, doesn't really matter since MC is no longer in business. But maybe some day, as I am looking for MC Canyon Cages and good to know that the bag protection doesn't interfere with passenger foot placement.
Thanks so much, Dan

Dale I .... built a bracket for Gen II R Garza that moves the rear bars a inch or so closer to the bags. It was enough my wife noticed a difference.
Simple, he drilled 4 holes R Garza bolt pattern, the first two nuts and bolts for holding it to the foot peg castings and the other two a inch back for the spacers and R Garza mounting tabs. I had the top of my GIVI E52 liter rear trunk painter metallic silver to match the tail and side covers and they painted the bracket and spacer bushing too. Shame Canyon Cages went out of business I liked their bar design better. T Rex was out of stock 5 years ago when I purchased my 2008 and I didn't want to wait on them to produce another batch.