Canyon Dancer Farkle / add on

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TownsendsFJR1300

Reaction score
From a recent thread about tying down a bike to a trailer using a Canyon Dancer.

Something I made up from scrap PVC, some glue and some time to help reduce eliminate

damage to your grips, throttle tube, etc. Works great!

About 5" long PVC with a "coupler" glued to it and cut down(large enough to fit over

your grip):

Slip it over your grip (Grip puppies installed):

Slip the Canyon Dancer over the PVC. This spreads the load greatly, your grip WON'T be

forced into the controls:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never pulled a bike on a trailer. I understand the protective cover for the grips. Is the nylon tube and trap for tying the right and side of the bars to the left hand side of the trailer? I am just trying to make heads or tails of what I am seeing?

I have never pulled a bike on a trailer. I understand the protective cover for the grips. Is the nylon tube and trap for tying the right and side of the bars to the left hand side of the trailer? I am just trying to make heads or tails of what I am seeing?
The Canyon Dancer goes around each grip and you use your tie down's on the loose ends (of the CD) to attach to the trailer.

In this picture, their NOT installed but would slip over the bar ends, then tie the bike upright and straight to the trailer.

I use the Canyon Dancer as a back up, especially for two piece handle bars. I prefer using a soft tie around the lower triple/fork leg(as shown) as my main tie downs.

Note: the bikes were on the trailer here (not fully secured-loose ends with the ties) as a hurricane was coming (with high water) and was parked in the garage just to get them off the ground)

A Canyon Dancer would destroy the Goldwing's very long and flexible handlebars.

The PVC pipe would distribute the Canyon Dancer's load on the handgrip but does nothing for the fallacy of securing a bike on a trailer from rubber handgrips.

I don't understand the fascination and determination people have to tie motorcycles from handlebars? Especially when there is a better place (bottom triple clamp) which doesn't require a $50 accessory?