Capped, threaded hole on the clutch resevoir?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McRide

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
There is a capped, threaded hole cast into the housing and to the left of the clutch resevoir. Is it a left over from a Euro version, like the flash to pass? I'm thinking about using it for a threaded stem and mounting plate for a Spot... Question: what is the diameter and thread count?

It's basically a mirror mount, and as such is the standard 10mm x 1.25 pitch. There's no equivalent mount on the right and a mirror there would hit the windshield, but it's useful as an accessory mount.

And besides using that one...it's not a hard process to drill and tap the boss on the right side and have two mounts.

Part# for above mentioned Techmount item: 31000L / 31000LM [short & long lengths available]. Right side versions also available if you want to follow Iggy's suggestion & drill/tap t'other side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curse you people! I never even noticed that cap before and now I have to order a Ram ball thingy for my SPOT as I can't stand the thought of that empty threaded hole just sitting there unoccupied.

You're all a bunch of enablers!

Curse you people! I never even noticed that cap before and now I have to order a Ram ball thingy for my SPOT as I can't stand the thought of that empty threaded hole just sitting there unoccupied.
You're all a bunch of enablers!
BWAAHAAAHAAAAHAAAAA......!

Come Igor, our work here is done.