• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Cardo Scala Q2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cougar8000

Reaction score
You asked and I am delivering. https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...mp;#entry380180

I have a seller that is willing to sell them for 140+ shipping to your door. That is at least 29 bucks cheaper then anywhere else. Those of you from IL if you are interested we can have them all delivered to my house and then we can meet for you to get it. Save everyone a few bucks on shipping. Same can be done for folks in other states if interested.

Here is how it will work. If you are interested in splitting shipping in IL I need your money by Tuesday. In other location you have until Tuesday to come up with something.

I will have vendor make open a Buy it now on ebay on Wednesday. Please do not let me down. This price is only good if we get at least 5 and I told him that we will be buying at least 15 considering that 20+ people said they are interested.

Please no PM's. Send me an e-mail alexk "underscore" msf at yahoo.com or call me at the number in my profile.

Thank you.

Thank you, I will definitely get one. Will you post a link to Ebay Wednesday here or just start looking then? :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ebay buy it now is going to be on on Wednesday after I call him. Please get your groups together to save on shipping. He did say that it might take couple weeks or so to get it to you since he does not stock them, but at that rate I think we can wait.

I was just reading some stuff on this one and I need to know if we are buying the team one ( 2 helmet set ) so I can comunicate with pilion or is it just a single for bike to bike?

I really need the team setup.

This is for a single unit named Q2. This company has a system called TeamSet. It is almost double the price and does not give you ability to talk to other riders, no FM radio, and I think few other things.

The way I see it you are better off to buy two of Q2 systems and going to be much happier.

You can get more info here https://www.cardosystems.com/scala_rider_Q2/

Can you replace the "Ultra-Slim Dual Speakers"? Or is there a standard 3.5mm stereo socket somewhere on the unit to use alternate (i.e. Etymotic) earplug speakers?

I can't tell from the web-site info, or the datasheet.

speakers can be replaced if you are willing to cut and slice.

Guys, for all technical questions your best bet is to contact Cardo it self. They are very helpful. I am just trying to set up a group buy here.

So two of these can talk to each other...

This is for a single unit named Q2. This company has a system called TeamSet. It is almost double the price and does not give you ability to talk to other riders, no FM radio, and I think few other things.
The way I see it you are better off to buy two of Q2 systems and going to be much happier.

You can get more info here https://www.cardosystems.com/scala_rider_Q2/

Hey Chicago riders!!!! What, you are all frozen?? Come on, I will be ordering those tomorrow and you are sitting quietly! No interest in saving on shipping? I have 5 units already committed.

I'm interested, but can anyone figure out if it only works with 2 other headsets at a time or multiple headsets at a time?

*To other scala-rider Q2 Headsets – Communicate in parallel with up to two other scala-rider Q2 headsets within a range of up to -

500 m / 1,640 ft.*

*Communicate with a scala-rider headset within a range of 10 m / 33 ft.

Does that mean that it woks with only 2 other units at a long distance, but when under 10 M (which isn't a lot for riding) it will work with more than 2 units?

I've looked on about 4 different websites and can't really figure out the answer.

I'm interested, but can anyone figure out if it only works with 2 other headsets at a time or multiple headsets at a time?

*To other scala-rider Q2 Headsets – Communicate in parallel with up to two other scala-rider Q2 headsets within a range of up to -

500 m / 1,640 ft.*

Does that mean that it woks with only 2 other units at a long distance, but when under 10 M (which isn't a lot for riding) it will work with more than 2 units?

I've looked on about 4 different websites and can't really figure out the answer.
The longer range is for the new Q2 and you can have up to 3 on the same net. The shorter range is only for one Q2 to the older model.

500 m / 1,640 ft.*

The longer range is for the new Q2 and you can have up to 3 on the same net. The shorter range is only for one Q2 to the older model.
Ahhh, thanks, I get it now. Scala-rider headsets are the old one. The Q2 is the new one. The bluetooth feature alone seems like it might make this thing worth it, with the rider to rider comm. as an added bonus. I wish they gave the thing 1 stereo line in though, then you could hook up 1 audio device like a radar that does not have blue tooth.

I'm still considering it, might pick up 2 of them, but not sure yet. The make it or break it is going to be weather you can use 2 bluetooth headsets with 1 ipod (with a bluetooth adapter). Hope this info helps anyone else who's on the fence.

I'm ready to buy (now 3) but need a link to the Ebay BIn. The ones on Ebay now are all over the board in price...

Thanks

Anyone???

Status
Not open for further replies.