Cdog joins crash club two up

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cdogman

Bad Boy
Reaction score
I crashed my bike today with the SO on board. We are both ok. I have a splint thingy on my arm and that is it.

Coming off a canyon run up and down east canyon (Hwy 65) and we had been pushing abit. Had the roads to ourselves.

On the way home through the valley I am taking a 270 Deg onramp from I215 west to I15 South. 25MPH onramp and we drift in about 50 or so…. Been on this turn a million!!! Times… OBVIOUSLY pushing too hard for the street.. 60% of the way though I see some white stuff in the road. Like a truck dropped a bag of concrete in my lane…. I am outta options since I was riding harder than I should have… My mind yells at me “Ride the bike” So I look up and look through the turn and try to ignore and hope for the best. “Ride the Bike”

WHAM,, Lowside at about 50-55 or so…

I see the bike separate, I see me sliding, I feel no pain, I glance to my left and see the SO sliding… She looks ok just sliding along….. I hear the bike hit the gravel and think….. ops…

We finally stop sliding and I feel no pain and jump up… Walk over to Kenra and say

“You OK???”

“Yes”

I extend my hand and she takes it and I help her up….. By then we have people stopped all over the freeway onramp running toward us.. Lady one a cell phone with 911 telling someone to hurry, guy running over to help. His gf in the car still, He asks me if I am ok, asks Kenra, we both say “Yes”

Finally the girl on the 911 call registers in my head and I tell her.. “we don’t need anything, we are fine” She hangs up, I don’t remember seeing her anymore after we say “Thanks”

Guy helps me pick up my bike, Lotsa cosmetics he says he saw me coming and was watching because he rides too and we were railing through that turn. I finally (as I was sitting back on the hurt bike) say “Dude, that was COOL!!”

I did not know what else to say.. I was not hurt really at all, Kenra is fine. Bike is hurt but insured.. We rode the bike home.

Handle bars are crooked, Brakes shuttering, not trusting her too much since she is obviously not a happy girl.

We make it home, I realize my wrist hurts, we go get an xray, they put a splint thingy on my arm and we are done

Now, Time for the honesty and the gear and the pics..

I was riding too fast… But it is how I ride. My wreck was a matter of time

We were 100% ATGATT 2X. After we got home and got a look at the gear it did indeed sacrifice itself for us.. Pics to follow

The end result

PB040023.jpg

Kenra is 100% fine nada scratch..

The rear tire.. see the powder

PB040021.jpg

My boots…….. Damm good I had them on.. Alpinstars

PB040020.jpg

My pants pic one

PB040006.jpg

My Pants, Pic two…. ALL the way through.. My Levis beneath… Not even a spot of dirt…. Olympia Pants.. did their job

PB040005.jpg

My Right glove…. Frank Thomas kangaroo leather… Supposed to be really good ones.. Eaten half way through. We slid about 50-+60 feet easy . This is the hand that has the sling thingy on it

PB040007.jpg

Kenras Frank Thomas Jacket

PB040004.jpg

Kenras Olympia Pants. Shot one

PB040001.jpg

Kenras other pant leg

PB040002.jpg

My joe rocket jacket

PB040010.jpg

Bike pics later….. It is hurt too but who knows until I have it taken apart

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn dude, hate to hear this, but very glad you two are okay. Good on you for ATGATT. Bikes can be fixed.

Rest up, I bet your a bit more sore tomorrow...

Wow... so glad you guys are ok!! Someone up above looking out for you. :eek:k:

At least you guys had gear on. So many Harley people around here think that a bandana and a leather vest is more than enough. I'm not gonna judge you that you were going to fast.... it was in a curve... you didn't have options. Congrats on the fine driving cuz you guys walked away and no other vehicle/bystander were injured. :drinks:

Robbin,

So sorry to hear of your crash. Come over and get these rotors I have and any other parts I have changed out. They're yours for the taking.

I just spoke to my ins co.. I only have a 250 deductable.. SWEEETT!!!!

I am truly OK Thanks all I need another beer LOL

Bike pics later, gotta answer a chow call, Potroast!!!

That blows bro,Glad you came out without to much damage to you and your SO.

Wearing the proper gear makes all the difference in the world as I read these crash posts time and again the folks who wear the gear are always better off.Hope that you get your bike fixed up quick.

Sorry to learn of your accident.

Glad you are both OK, save for your splint thingy.

Bikes can get fixed easily, humans take longer.

Was it cement dust or something else?

Take care, heal quickly.

All the best,

Yea looks like a truck dropped a bag of portland and it had been run over a few times. I was definitely going to fast for the street. Feeling proud of myself and bein dumb. However, no concrete, we would have made it easy. Still a stupid move, we got away with it!!!

Where is Edwardo with that cold beer???!!!

Glad you were all geared up and came through pretty much unharmed ! It good to hear you were Agatt , looks like someone's going gear shopping soon!

It's a bummer the bikes damaged, but at least the story has a happy ending , stay safe both of you.

Sorry to hear 'bout that get off, Robin. At least you are both ok, insured and smart enough to have been wearing gear.

Looks like you had a reasonably new Pilot Power 2CT on the rear? Just goes to show that gravel, sand, powder and all manner of shit that shouldn't be on the road radically changes the traction points equation for the worse.

Good luck with the bike and gear shopping. ATGATT beats the heck outta debriding road rash, huh?

The Bike

We were leaned over far enough that it was only a matter of inches, not a drop!! This is the handlebar that my sling thingy hand was on.

PB040019.jpg

Skyway Sliders,,.... Skyway, I need another set. Or at least the right side one!!!

PB040011.jpg

Handlebars are WAY crooked. Have to turn left to go straight!!!

PB040016.jpg

Damn!!! 7 more years bad luck. "If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all!!!"

PB040013.jpg

Skyway Need sliders for the back side of the bike!!

My Holeshots Are shot!!!

PB040012.jpg

Givi is a gonner!!!

PB040018.jpg

Pillion Peg - bracket now wiggles on it's own. Don't think it should do that. Somethin major in there is broke.

PB040015.jpg

More owies.....

PB040014.jpg

PB040017.jpg

We have more, but this should give an idea of the visible damage.

Robin and Kendra, thank goodness you are alright (he says...between gasps)... :eek:

Good job thinking, "Ride the bike!" and acting on it. The lowside worked out sooooo much better than a highside/flip maneuver. :dribble:

Good luck with repairing your "pride and joy".

Regarding replacing the gear, consider Cycleport gear. Crash tested by a live dummy! :rolleyes:

Edit: We posted at the same time. If the forks are bent, with the amount of damage...uhm...how do you feel about a black bike?

Cdog: Not good when S.O. is with you when things go wrong, Very nice to hear no serious injuries.

As for riding fast you are more than capable, no one could have survived that, with no warning.

I was out today in the mountains and hit sand in some 25mph corners and the rear wheel wanted to slide a little, so I just

slowed down for a while to 15mph.

Maybe a new 2008?????? sounds good

HIghlander, Thanks. Yes we ATGATT always. Specially if we were followin a crazy fucker like you!!!LMAO

EB Good eye. yes those were Road 2CT's. They work great....except on dust.

OM We missed concrete by 3 feet while sliding off the side of the freeway!!

Mike already got Cycleport. Just didn't want to get it dirty today. LOL!!! Have always liked black, Kenra kinda likes the black cherry too.

This is the SO, Kenra.

First, this has not spooked me from riding. I realize the risks just like everyone else. I trust Robin and the way he rides. Even when it is fast. I was asked if I was scared. Didn't have time to get scared. Can't say it often enough, ATGATT ATGATT ATGATT. Just like with the pilot knowing to "ride the bike", all that went throught my mind while sliding, was Robin telling me "if we go down, get away from the bike." And "slide, don't tumble". So, Momma is just fine. Thanks for the concern.