Cee Bailey +2+2 with flip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just put on a Cee Bailey +4t +2w with flip. WOW! No more ear plugs! Peace and quiet, helmet visor up jacket open. Thanks to all you guys on the Forum for your input.

Hey dakota11,

Thanks for posting the pics - looks GREAT!

The GPS mounting is nice too. I have a Zumo mounted in the same configuration.

I just ordered a C.B. 4tx3w and can't wait to install. I'll post my first ride with pics.

I was hoping to get a quiet ride and get rid of the ear plugs so I could purchase a Baehr communications system.

Keep installing more stuff – Like I need more influence :dribble:

Many thanks to this forum!!!!

destined for NEPRT, but I had to let everyone know about my new windshield.
Good news: It looks great, doesn't look like a barn door, and the light gray tint is perfect. Top notch quality and service from CB. I don't have to look through the shield for calm air.

The test ride was a great success, with the shield down the improvement was noticed immediately. As I raise the shield it progressively gets quieter and calmer unlike the stocker that is just loud and turbulent no matter what. I can be going much faster than I think I am now, better be careful or I will end up with a performance award.

Bad news: There is a negative pressure with the shield up that pulls my head forward a little but I can live with it considering the overall improvement it has made. There is a sweet spot about 3/4 up that is calm and doesn't pull my head.

I will post a pic soon.
I am considering a Cee Bailey flip, but often wondered if there is any optical distortion when looking through the flip portion when raised?

destined for NEPRT, but I had to let everyone know about my new windshield.
Good news: It looks great, doesn't look like a barn door, and the light gray tint is perfect. Top notch quality and service from CB. I don't have to look through the shield for calm air.

The test ride was a great success, with the shield down the improvement was noticed immediately. As I raise the shield it progressively gets quieter and calmer unlike the stocker that is just loud and turbulent no matter what. I can be going much faster than I think I am now, better be careful or I will end up with a performance award.

Bad news: There is a negative pressure with the shield up that pulls my head forward a little but I can live with it considering the overall improvement it has made. There is a sweet spot about 3/4 up that is calm and doesn't pull my head.

I will post a pic soon.
I am considering a Cee Bailey flip, but often wondered if there is any optical distortion when looking through the flip portion when raised?

I Have the +2 and at 5' 10" I never look through the flip. I Generally raise the shield on the freeway and open road and lower it all the way down so that I see over it when riding the twisties at the expense of my ears. I ride with a tinted shoei or arai shield and my cee baily is also tinted so when it gets dark I have to ride with the shield down as well.

Hey dakota11,Thanks for posting the pics - looks GREAT!

The GPS mounting is nice too. I have a Zumo mounted in the same configuration.

I just ordered a C.B. 4tx3w and can't wait to install. I'll post my first ride with pics.

I was hoping to get a quiet ride and get rid of the ear plugs so I could purchase a Baehr communications system.

Keep installing more stuff – Like I need more influence :dribble:

Many thanks to this forum!!!!
sthames,

did you get your CB installed? What are your impressions? Did it provide the quite ride you were looking for?

thanks.

S.