Cee Baileys Windscreen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny80s

Turtle Gears
Reaction score
Does anyone have Cee Baileys Windshield that is stock height but +4 on the width and has the flip? I am interested in buying one and wanted to find someone that has one so I could ask a few questions.

I like my V-Stream but as the windscreens get taller they get closer to the helmet and I hear more noise. This is not too bad of a problem when my ear plugs are in but for a quick skoot to the store without plugs is very noisy. I would like to get a screen that is wide so I don't get to much buffeting on my shoulders from the wind but shorter so I don't hear all the noise from the top of the screen.

Thanks in advance

John

Yesterday I installed a CB +2+2 w/flip and am very happy with the reduction of wind noise. I am 6'1" and at 3/4's up, the shield does an awesome job! I always wore ear plugs and will only wear them for long trips now....I can hear my engine :yahoo:

Yesterday I installed a CB +2+2 w/flip and am very happy with the reduction of wind noise. I am 6'1" and at 3/4's up, the shield does an awesome job! I always wore ear plugs and will only wear them for long trips now....I can hear my engine :yahoo:

I have three different CB shields, but not one matches your exact requirements. My summer shield is +2/+2 w/flip, my winter shield is +2/+4 w/flip, and I have a +2/+4 without flip. The last one never sees daylight anymore since I absolutely love the flipped ones.

I will try to answer your questions about the +2 width versus the +4 width if that helps.

I assume that you are interested in the +4 width for hand and lower torso protection from the airstream, but want the +0 height without flip to keep the airflow blast in the upper body and helmet areas? You must wear earplugs and have a quiet helmet.

Just went back and re-read your question. See you are looking for info on stock height with flip. Now I'm clueless unless you are 5'0" tall, because stock height and no flip won't get you out of the airstream unless you are laying down on the tank.

:)

Drag racing the FJR are you?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the +0w +2h with flip, I'm 5'11".

I think the height is fine, but the +2w would have worked better for me.

The wind noise I get is at the sides that a +2w would probably have eliminated, then again, maybe it WOULD take +4.

If I could do it again, I would do +2 +2 with flip.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 6'2" with a 32 inseam. The stock screen works fine for me except that I my shoulders get a lot of wind buffeting. If I put the stock screen up an inch the wind moves up to my helmet but my shoulders are still left sticking out the sides. I wear a 50 jacket so they stick out a lot. I do ride with plugs so it keeps the noise down. I like my V-Stream but wish it were a little shorter. I never put it up because it is so tall and keeps the wind off really well. It does not let the wind get to me on really hot days. It also makes a lot noise since the taller the screen the closer it is to my head and thus I can hear noise off the screen. It is different than regular wind noise. That is how I came to the conclusion that I want a stock height screen and + 4 on the width.

Thanks for the replies.

John