Cee Baileys

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TILAM

Reaction score
Here we go again.

I lucked into a used (but perfect) Cee Bailey's +2, +2 for my Gen II. I can't beleive the difference. Much smoother air. I know that a +4 might have been better since I'm tall but the price was good and it was an easy transaction.

I'm in love again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we go again. I lucked into a used (but perfect) Cee Bailey's +2, +2 for my Gen II. I can't beleive the difference. Much smoother air. I know that a +4 might have been better since I'm tall but the price was good and it was an easy transaction.

I'm in love again.
Now with the $$$ ya saved, Invest in some spellin lessons :grin: :blum:

:jester:

Lucky to find a used one. I was fortunate enough to have two local riders offer to let me switch out my stock screen to try the CB, which I did, and found it an improvement for sure, but not perfect for me. Then I tried the Cal Sci, which is local for me, and was able to mount and "test ride" the medium size. Much better IMO. More quiet and turbulence-free than the stock or the CB. I suppose any extra-size screen would offer improved wind protection over stock--it's just too bad we can't try the whole range of every modification, farkle, tire, etc. we consider before we buy. Kind of wish we could walk into every motorcycle dealer and test ride all the bikes, too, but that's another post.

p.s., sorry to be beating on this old subject again.

Here we go again. I lucked into a used (but perfect) Cee Bailey's +2, +2 for my Gen II. I can't beleive the difference. Much smoother air. I know that a +4 might have been better since I'm tall but the price was good and it was an easy transaction.

I'm in love again.
Is it the reverse contour model or the std model? Any pics for us pic lovin' folks?

Scott

glad it worked for you.

I've been running a CB +2+2 with flip for almost three years now and it did the trick for me on my '05 FJR.

The stock wind screen is just a little too sporty for longer rides.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm in love again.
Is it the reverse contour model or the std model? Any pics for us pic lovin' folks?

Scott

It's the standard. Looks almost like the stock one at first glance. It also seems a bit thicker than the stock one. I'll try to figure out how to do pics.

Just got mine in yesterday. I did +2 and standard width and smoked. I can't tell you how well it works since my seat is at Spencer's for modification. Hoping to have it soon!

For the pic loving folks... :clapping:

Brand new 2008 with the Cee Baileys stock width, +2" height, dark gray

this is the reverse contour flip

FJRMay1820083.jpg

FJRMay18200824.jpg

last weekend when it was really hot, I left it in down position and really good air flow. B)

when up position, really quiet and not much flow. :D

For the pic loving folks... :clapping:
Brand new 2008 with the Cee Baileys stock width, +2" height, dark gray

this is the reverse contour flip

last weekend when it was really hot, I left it in down position and really good air flow. B)

when up position, really quiet and not much flow. :D
That looks great. :dribble: Is there much difference between the stock windshield?

Av8rider

I didnt get much time in the saddle with the stock screen in different conditions, because I changed out to CB right away.

I rode mostly in down postition with the old screen, and comparing that, CB is better- less turbulence and quieter

Just got my CB +4+2 with a flip yesterday, installed it in minutes and was off for a test ride. Result; I love the coverage and will be perfect for long rides. Around town, I ride with the shield down of course but still manage to get enough air to keep cool. Bottom line; would probably get a +2+2 with flip next time because it would look better on the bike and I would still get the coverage I need. All in all I am happy with the CB but would really like to suggest to anyone to get the flip just to keep the gnats off of your helmet. Later and be safe.

Snowman

Just got my CB +4+2 with a flip yesterday, installed it in minutes and was off for a test ride. Result; I love the coverage and will be perfect for long rides. Around town, I ride with the shield down of course but still manage to get enough air to keep cool. Bottom line; would probably get a +2+2 with flip next time because it would look better on the bike and I would still get the coverage I need. All in all I am happy with the CB but would really like to suggest to anyone to get the flip just to keep the gnats off of your helmet. Later and be safe.

Snowman

Sweet, that should work for me.

Thanks for the pics. I like it so much I just ordered the same +0 +2 dark flip for my Dark Cherry 07.

$202 OTD, ouch but should be worth it.

Latest posts