Cee Baileys

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sks700

Reaction score
I have decided to buy a new winshield for my '05 for the fall riding season. I ride until it is no longer safe to here in Minnesota. I am leaning heavily towards the Cee Bailies (sp?) +4 +4. Now the question is flip or not?

Opinions please.

Also, are they available direct only, or is there someplace that has a discount on them (UMotors?)

Thanks,

Lee

how tall are you?

I am 6' and the +4 with no flip is more than good for me. More than good is worth having as eind conditions can make having the extra nice.

I think you can only get them direct from cee bailey's

Cee Bailey's

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say I have never heard of any owner of a flip recommending it to anyone. I have a straight up 4-4 CB, in Minnesota, and love it. It changed the entire riding experience for me, and is a hell of a season extender. I bought directly from CB, with the headlight guards, as a special with a discount for the set.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say I have never heard of any owner of a flip recommending it to anyone. I have a straight up 4-4 CB, in Minnesota, and love it. It changed the entire riding experience for me, and is a hell of a season extender. I bought directly from CB, with the headlight guards, as a special with a discount for the set.
My headlight guards got cracked by a rock...saved me quite a bit of dough I figure!

@6'2" I've played with the flip. Made a tuning spacer to tilt it back, you name it, I could not get rid of the head buffet. Ordered a standard countour +4+3...all better!

Finally got around to adding spacers to the windscreen to tilt it back last night. First try was a 40 mile commute up Rt 95 this AM. Full down the breeze is great; clean, smooth air. I gotta take some spacers out because at full up the actuator arms hit the front fairing and push the dashboard back a little (not much but I'd rather it not do it at all). Full up the wind is much better than stock. Hits me about at nose level and while there is still some head bobble, it's much reduced. I only noticed a small amount of back pressure.

I went to Lowe's and got an M6 - 25mm (1") - Phillips head (countersunk) screw with a nylon spacer with 2 steel washers on each end. Only hard part about this was getting the wife to hold the spacers/washers on one bolt while I did the other (not in a good mood!).

For the record I'm 5'10". Just ordered a CB +4+3 for the cooler weather and am anxious to see how the setup works with that windscreen.

I have a +4+3 with the flip. It works fine for my 6' frame. At some heights you will get distortion if you end up looking through it. It's not bad and has never bothered me. I have not ridden without the flip so I can not compare.

Mark