Ceebailey +4 +3 with flip compared to CalSci XL

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7xray

Reaction score
I got a CeeBailey +4 high +3 wide with the flip on the group buy (thanks jndsa and Avo). Here are my impressions of it compared to the CalSci XL that I had.

First, I'm 6'0", have the Helibar triple tree risers, and sit fairly erect in a Russel seat in the low position. I look over the top of both windshields when they are in the full up position. The CeeBailey is about 3/4" higher than the CalSci but the CalSci is 2" wider on each side at the height of the rear view mirrors. At the top they are the same width.

The CB is quieter than the CalSci with no turbulence behind the shield. I bet I could light a match there. I do notice more wind pressure on my arms/hands with the CB, due to the wider CalSci at that hand level. Even at the highest position the slipstream curl from the CB just hits the top of my helmet, giving a bit of wind noise. It may be quieter than the CalSci, however. (Hard to remember when you have CRS.) So far I think I like the CB better than the CalSci but there probably isn't enough difference to justify the expense of changing.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Until I change my mind.

Cheers,

7X

Stick to your story 7x, but I have a +4 +4 Rifle on my '08 & I love it. Had a CB on my BMW, but it had a lot of distortion. The Rifle has none. I'm 5' 10" and look over the Rifle at 60% up. This is a fairly quite screen, I ride most of the time w/o a helmet. At full up, I'm looking thru 4" of plastic with no problem. The CB on the Beemer at full up was very noisy, think it amplified the front tire/engine noises.

Thanks RichardS.

Further to my comparison of the CB with the CalSci, yesterday I took a ride and, as usual, got the windshield all splattered with bugs (that's what makes the trout grow) but, not as usual, my helmet shield got no bug splatters. I always used to get splattered up when I had to CalSci on. So I'm liking the CB better than the CalSci.