CeeBaileys today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyman

Reaction score
So i orderd my ceebaileys windscreen today. And lemme give HUUUGE props to them. Reason being. I orderd a 4inch taller 2 inch wider reverse windscreen. I didn't realize how long the shipping was until i got a confermation e-mail. Said 9 to 14 working days. Now i'm takeing my first long trip August 7th and i wanted to get the windscreen for the trip. So i shoot them a quick e-mail asking if i can pay for an express shipping or something so i can get it before i leave. I get a phone call about 3 hours later from them and they said they have an option for me. What they offerd was a clear reverse screen that was 4inch taller and 4inch wider. They said they had it in stock and they could send it out to me TODAY. I jumped on it. So i should be getting that within the week. so BIG props to ceebaileys.

So to date. My farkles list..

Givi trunk with givi rack

Frame sliders

6000k HID's

Helmet locks (Drilled them on the bottom of the givi rack)

Cramp buster thottle thingy

Upcomming-

ceebaileys +4 high +4 wide windscreen

blue tooth headset

Lyman - double check that the +4 inch wide will fit between your mirrors. My +3 almost fills the space between the mirror stocks, though there is space left. It's most likely it'll fit, but might be worth doubling checking in case you end up needing to make alternate plans. 90% sure you won't need to worry about it, but it'd be a huge heap of disappointment to go through all this then mount it up before the trip to see it not fit. ;)

As far as CB is concerned - yeah for them - they rock! That's great customer service. :)

Yeah. The guy i was talking to actually told me i would like the 4 and 4 better. I guess he has past experience with all sizes and said with the 4 and 4, i will be getting more of a pocket around my body also. He was explaining it to me in pretty good detail. Sounded like he really knew what he was talkin about. So i don't see him recommending a shield that won't fit. But thanks for the heads up.. i'll e-mail him and confirm.

Now i'm contiplateing on going w/ highway pegs for the trip. I tried putting my feet up on my frame sliders today, and it wasn't too bad. Besides the fact that i only have like an inch and a half or 2 inches for the inside of my foot to rest on.

Or some how make shifting somethin to attatch to the frame sliders to use as highway pegs...

Sounded like he really knew what he was talkin about. So i don't see him recommending a shield that won't fit. But thanks for the heads up.. i'll e-mail him and confirm.
Kinda what I was thinking as well, but figured I'd mention it as the thought had occurred to me when I mounted my 4 & 3. ;)

Now i'm contiplateing on going w/ highway pegs for the trip. I tried putting my feet up on my frame sliders today, and it wasn't too bad. Besides the fact that i only have like an inch and a half or 2 inches for the inside of my foot to rest on.
Or some how make shifting somethin to attatch to the frame sliders to use as highway pegs...
I've read that some have inserted a short length of pvc into the sliders for this purpose. Never tried it myself. Do a search for it.

I mounted my Cee Bailey 2+ 2+ yesterday and after I installed there isn't much more room between my mirrors like a half inch on each side. How could the 4 inch wider windshields fit?

I mounted my Cee Bailey 2+ 2+ yesterday and after I installed there isn't much more room between my mirrors like a half inch on each side. How could the 4 inch wider windshields fit?
The +4 wide may be measured at the top rather than the bottom. It sounds like comments in this tread say the +2 and +3 have the same gap to the mirrors.

I mounted my stock 1st gen shield back onto my rifle tuning block today. I've been riding around with a bigger shield on al summer so far, and I have to tell you... the smaller shields are the way to go this time o' year!

Happy, Yo! :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
i'll let ya'll know how the 4 plus 4 fits when i get it in and on. and yeah, i'll try lookin for some makeshift way to do some pvc pipe in the slider. sounds like i could work.. lol.. whatever works for the trip...

I've read that some have inserted a short length of pvc into the sliders for this purpose. Never tried it myself. Do a search for it.

I tried searching, but couldn't find anything like this.. Point me in the right direction??

I tried searching, but couldn't find anything like this.. Point me in the right direction??
There was a thread on exactly this topic within the past few days. I know because I just replied in that thread. Click HERE to get there.

BTW, don't even bother with the search within this website 'cause it sucks. Go to Google instead and search this site. For example, go to google and enter this in the search field:

pvc slider site:fjrforum.com

I ordered my Reverse Contour Flip +6 +6 yesterday. Does anybody here ever got the big one like mine?