Centech & Gen III

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm thinking of using heavy duty plastic hook/loop to mount a Centech AP-1 and relay outboard of the battery. Looks like there is plenty of space and on the '14 it is easily accessible.

Anyone try this? Bad idea?

I installed a PowerHub2 (has relay built in) under the seat of my '13. Easier access to fuses if needed.

Mine is under the seat in the tray for the same reason stated above. Easy access to fuses.

If by outboard you mean on the side of the battery - the side that is toward the forks this area will get wet in rain situations. That would not be a good thing with a fuse block. If you meant on the outside of the battery you would have to remove the battery to access the fuses in the block. Not easy to do in your garage let alone on the side of the road. I do use 3M Dual lock to secure my remote control for my heated gear - the strap is around the handle bars as a safety measure. That stuff never lets go.

I've ordered the CenTech but don't have it yet, so we'll see. I meant on the fairing side of the battery. My thinking might be flawed but using the heavy duty plastic hook/loop it should be stable enough, plus relatively easily accessible. Pop the battery cover, pull the Centech (leaving enough "drip loop" in the wiring to also pull out).

But that's all theory - I'll report back when I try.

I've ordered the CenTech but don't have it yet, so we'll see. I meant on the fairing side of the battery. My thinking might be flawed but using the heavy duty plastic hook/loop it should be stable enough, plus relatively easily accessible. Pop the battery cover, pull the Centech (leaving enough "drip loop" in the wiring to also pull out).
But that's all theory - I'll report back when I try.
Good luck with that. There's very little room on the fairing side of the battery.

Maybe there's more room on the '14 than the '13, as they didn't have to install the CCL on the 14s.

Well, if anyone is interested, it won't fit there. It was close - maybe another 1/4" off the legs and it would have worked. So it's going under the seat.

Close but no cigar!
uhoh.gif