Center Stand Questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dexter10

Reaction score
this FJ is the first bike I have owned with a center stand. I am not a big guy and before I to muscle into this I wanted some tips so I dont damage the bike... what is the easy way to set this stand down and into position, what grab points do I use? thanks!

this FJ is the first bike I have owned with a center stand. I am not a big guy and before I to muscle into this I wanted some tips so I dont damage the bike... what is the easy way to set this stand down and into position, what grab points do I use? thanks!
hi dexter10,

there is a grab point just under the drivers seat on the left side of the bike, feel around you'll find it.

grab it, the left handle bar, and place your foot on the center stand and at the same time lift up on the grab point, slightly pull the handle grip while stepping on the center stand....VOILA, bike is now on said stand!

this is the general idea:

cadman

From our friends at Google: up on center stand site:fjrforum.com

I usually just lift mine up with my manly right arm and reach down with the toe of my boot and flick the center stand down, then gently set the bike on the center stand. That usually influences others NOT to mess with my bike. :dribble:

;)

:D

The simply and easy way to get to centerstand, Left hand on left handlebar,

right hand on handhold under seat, right foot on centerstand tab, lower

center stand to terra firma, slightly lift with right hand, and force all your

weight on your right foot on centerstand tab, the bike will easily jump to

to the center stand, after some practice, you will find it very easy to

accomplish. no straining, no embarrassing second attempts, just

STAND that baby into position!

Next lesson, picking up babes in front of your local high school on your

FJR!

FWFE

I`ve seen some post where the folks here use a 2x4. They`ll ride up on the board to get the rear wheel up a little, then use the above method.

I usually just lift mine up with my manly right arm and reach down with the toe of my boot and flick the center stand down, then gently set the bike on the center stand. That usually influences others NOT to mess with my bike. :dribble: ;)

:D
Yep, if you are built like Shrek, this is the best method.

What I don't see above is that BOTH sides of the centerstand need to be touching the ground before you apply any of the above techniques. If you're only on one tang? foot?, you're in for a fight - with both sides of the centerstand down evenly, it's almost effortless.

One of many such threads Clicky

This has links to others and even gives search instructions.

Enjoy.

There's nothing like getting it up. :dirol:

I`ve seen some post where the folks here use a 2x4. They`ll ride up on the board to get the rear wheel up a little, then use the above method.
IMO that is making it way more complicated than it needs to be. Do they haul a 2x4 around with them all the time or just have a little ramp set up at home?

You should take the time to learn how to do it comfortably so that it can be done without special ramps or whatever else.

IMO that is making it way more complicated than it needs to be. Do they haul a 2x4 around with them all the time or just have a little ramp set up at home?

You should take the time to learn how to do it comfortably so that it can be done without special ramps or whatever else.
+1 I am a skinny little shit( 5' 10" 155lbs) and can get my bike on the centerstand in one motion. It is all in the technique.

I am a skinny little shit( 5' 10" 155lbs

[SIZE=14pt]I crap bigger'n you![/SIZE]
CitySlickers.jpg