Center Stand

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't use the centerstand too much, but as others have said, its a combination of pushing down on the stand and pulling up on the bike frame with your right hand, assuming you're right handed. My word of caution is taking it off the center stand. I usually get on the bike and then rock it forward. I pushed it off standing next to the bike once and damn near dropped it. Maybe I'm a weanie, but will not do that again.

It helps to put the preload ajuster on max, also to make sure thr rear tire air preesure is up. If that does not help you, get a small 1" board and pull the rear wheel forward onto the board, raising the rear 1", then you should be able to get it up...I mean...the BIKE up! :rolleyes:

Anything that makes the bike lower in the rear will make it much harder to raise the bike on the centerstand. If your rear tire was out of air, for instance, it would take two men and a boy to get it up on the stand.

Ed

It doesn't look especially hard in this video, but there are non-traditional ways of getting the FJR onto the centerstand.

BTW, I prefer the normal, standing on left side of bike method.

Holy crap!
This thread is back after a 7 month hiatus?

Man... it must be winter.
No, no.... we've simply had a rather significant number of newcomers to the forum these last few months, and they are practicing due diligence and searching on oft-discussed subject, which inevitably cause the resurrection of old threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap!

No, no.... we've simply had a rather significant number of newcomers to the forum these last few months, and they are practicing due diligence and searching on oft-discussed subject, which inevitably cause the resurrection of old threads.
it's the kinder, gentler FJR Forum. :(

Holy crap!

Good point.

That said, (at the risk of incurring wrath for serious thread drift) I never really saw what's so horrible about newbs asking oft repeated questions. Just cause you know the answer doesn't mean that you has ta' answer...

I now return you to Centerstanding 101.