Central Florida Riders - Time to Ride!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pale Rider 07

Reaction score
Time to get together again guys. This next weekend, Nov 13 or 14 is open for me. I'll toss out a date of Sunday the 14th for a morning ride, but if more can do Saturday...that's ok with me as well. If Sergeantnic is available, would not mind trying the north Tampa ride again. Open to go anywhere though. If we need more Central, meeting in Lakeland might be a thought. Who's ready?

Time to get together again guys. This next weekend, Nov 13 or 14 is open for me. I'll toss out a date of Sunday the 14th for a morning ride, but if more can do Saturday...that's ok with me as well. If Sergeantnic is available, would not mind trying the north Tampa ride again. Open to go anywhere though. If we need more Central, meeting in Lakeland might be a thought. Who's ready?
The 14th should work for me. I might even convince Laura to come along this time, now that it's cooled down.

Tough weekend for me guys. Would love to ride with you soon. I'm checking my schedule (church) and see if Sunday could work for me also. Saturday is booked early ('till 9:00 AM). I'm over on the wast coast just south of Daytona. FYI

I'll follow this thread and see if I can make it.

Jim

So far Sunday Morning is looking good. Will see what happens over the next couple of days. Anyone have a preferred route/destination?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tossing this out for discussion...

How about meeting in Winter Haven? RadioHowie clued me in to a great place for brunch (Southside Eatery). RH might even show up if we're in his backyard! The troops from all over could gather there, eat, and then ride wherever the roads take us. West, south, east, I don't care.

If we start out mid/late morning from Orlando area, a couple other late-riser buddies might tag along with me.

We probably should PM some others (i.e. RH, 101st, fljab, timsondfjr, etc.) too, in case they haven't seen this. If I have time at lunch today, I will do it.

Thoughts?

FYI - I will be watching the forum today, but will be out of "radio-contact" until Sat nite and will check for updates then.

Just tossing this out for discussion...

How about meeting in Winter Haven? RadioHowie clued me in to a great place for brunch (Southside Eatery). RH might even show up if we're in his backyard! The troops from all over could gather there, eat, and then ride wherever the roads take us. West, south, east, I don't care.

If we start out mid/late morning from Orlando area, a couple other late-riser buddies might tag along with me.

We probably should PM some others (i.e. RH, 101st, fljab, timsondfjr, etc.) too, in case they haven't seen this. If I have time at lunch today, I will do it.

Thoughts?

FYI - I will be watching the forum today, but will be out of "radio-contact" until Sat nite and will check for updates then.
Sounds like a good plan to me! A couple weeks back, I rode out to Clearwater via 60. Had not been on 60 for many years and found it was nice and minimal traffic. Perhaps we could head west after we eat, then south as we get closer to Brandon. I'm not too familiar with the roads out that way, maybe Rockmurf could help us out. Either way. I'm open. What time would everyone like to meet? We could shoot for 11...that might make it easier on the late risers. :)

We might need to push the meet time to 11:30, is that ok with everyone? I have sent RadioHowie a PM asking about the Eatery's exact location, so I'll post as soon as I hear back (hopefully) from him. All I know is that it's in Winter Haven. Should be a nice day for a ride.

Sorry folks, the reason why you can't find the eatery is because I gave you the wrong name. It's SouthEAST Eatery at 3378 Cypress Gardens Rd, Winter Haven 33884.

Is anyone planning to meet us at the restaurant?

Sorry folks, the reason why you can't find the eatery is because I gave you the wrong name. It's SouthEAST Eatery at 3378 Cypress Gardens Rd, Winter Haven 33884.

Is anyone planning to meet us at the restaurant?
That's cool...did you see my email?

I was out of town (no internet) until Friday, then a computer crash till today (blown power supply). I'm not riding right now anyway due to my ongoing medical issues.

How did it go?