CFR 2016 When, Where, Why & Who?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, you quack me up...
laugh.png

Registration website is done, I'll let the Rally-Master (Bill) waive the green flag with the linky.

For you/us Yanks... remember, the lodging is in $CAN, but I did put an exchange rate converted for comparison... It's not bad at all! :) Don't be shy!

CU There!

-KJ & Deb

Finally booked my room.

Edit: I'm gonna have to make sure they serve dinner on Fridays!

I'm wondering who else is interested in going out to the Wilno Tavern on the Friday night for dinner. It's a bit of a ride from Pembroke, maybe, 45 minutes each way. But it's worth it.

Wilno is the first and oldest polish settlement in Canada. The Wilno Tavern has absolutely the best Polish food (specifically, Cabbage Rolls and Pierogies) you will ever have in your lifetime. It's THAT good. They make Pierogies pies, not little Pierogies your used to, think, the size of a small meat pie. They also have sauerkraut, sausages etc as well as your usual fair.

https://wilnotavern.com/

I promise, you will speak of the food at the Wilno every time you mention CFR and you will detour to stop for dinner whenever you pass by. Combined with a breakfast at the Irving truckstop, well you just can't get more Canadian that that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally booked my room.
Edit: I'm gonna have to make sure they serve dinner on Fridays!

I'm wondering who else is interested in going out to the Wilno Tavern on the Friday night for dinner. It's a bit of a ride from Pembroke, maybe, 45 minutes each way. But it's worth it.

Wilno is the first and oldest polish settlement in Canada. The Wilno Tavern has absolutely the best Polish food (specifically, Cabbage Rolls and Pierogies) you will ever have in your lifetime. It's THAT good. They make Pierogies pies, not little Pierogies your used to, think, the size of a small meat pie. They also have sauerkraut, sausages etc as well as your usual fair.

https://wilnotavern.com/

I promise, you will speak of the food at the Wilno every time you mention CFR and you will detour to stop for dinner whenever you pass by. Combined with a breakfast at the Irving truckstop, well you just can't get more Canadian that that!
You sold me sir, IN!

Can I bring my 100% Italian boss lady?

...Combined with a breakfast at the Irving truckstop, well you just can't get more Canadian that that!
Well, my Scottish forefathers did alright...too bad he doesn't share the wealth with us who emigrated earlier than he did.
biggrin.png

Wish I could attend this CFR...love the area. No time...but I will be in BC in July...

wooohooo I got the motorcycle school up and running, and the first classes are being conducted this weekend! I got the range enlarged, old paint sandblasted off, new paint laid down, 15 training bikes serviced, and rider coaches trained in on new range procedures. Next thing is to knock out some items on the Hunnydo list, teach 10 BRCs to earn some money, and head to Pembroke in 39 days. I can't wait to head NE and hang out and ride with some friendly Canadians.

Hi

I did a sighting run around and roads south of Calabogie yesterday.

Covered the 508, Black Donald, 511 and Tatlock Rd

Roads are clean of sand with some very light gravel at a few intersections

The major roads, 508, 511 are in good shape

The back roads still have some frost heave in heavily shaded sections and on Black Donald there is still snow in the bush and ice around the edge of the lakes. Quite a few potholes and some broken sections along road edges so one needs to take the centre track at the moment but quite rideable.

Chris

So how many will there actually be at this Shindig?

Leaving here on June 7th to meet Abercrombie FJR in Fargo ND that night,

We head for Sault St Marie the next morning,

Thursday an easy run from SSM to Pembroke.

Friday and saturday we rally, Drink Canadian Whiskey, Fart and tell lies.

Sunday -

Ahh Sunday, What's the best and most scenic route from Pembrook to Ossipee Center New Hampshire?

John

To answer your first question..... We are still coming to this event.( Arriving Friday leaving Sunday)

For the next question.... Bring your maps and somebody will put some crayon marks on it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm getting packed and big John will be here in a little bit for tomorrow mornings departure from Abercrombie. I was just wondering if there was any good beaches on the Ottawa river. I'm not sure if I should pack my beach wear or not.

So I'm getting packed and big John will be here in a little bit for tomorrow mornings departure from Abercrombie. I was just wondering if there was any good beaches on the Ottawa river. I'm not sure if I should pack my beach wear or not.
Not on my beach, no no no no no

Chris